Mysql - No User ID's in Sharing Screen

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Mysql - No User ID's in Sharing Screen

Postby lsdfr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:02 am

Hi

Running 2017.04 Ultimate

Been syncing 2 PC's with Google calendars (Only one calendar between 2 pc's) and wanted to move to my own server - keep data private.

So under FreeNAS 11, I'm running MariaDB (V10) (Mysql) in a jail - all works fine.

Using eidiSQL, I created 2 users (SES and LSD) and gave both full control (For the moment anyway) to the who MYSQL server

On PC 1 - Shared the calendar with mysql server using one account - appears to be OK, HeidiSQL shows VUMinder database created
On PC 2 - did the same, PC2 appears to have duplicate entries, so removed google shares - still has duplicate

On PC1 - deleted all calendars, created a new blank (Leigh Calendar)
Select calendar, Go to Share/share calendar and have only share with vueminder on other computers set.
Everyone permission is set to no access
BUT i can select ses user from user ID - its blank

If I set the everyone permissions to say read (PC1) then the Leigh calendar does appear on PC 2

Using HeidiSQL, at the end is of the VUMinder database, there a Users table but the data is blank is this the problem ?
(Also note that Engine is InnoDB and the my.cnf has a section about InnoDB settings ??)
(Update - Tried the InnoDB changes, restarted the MYSQL server no difference)

Same on PC2 - no users ID to select

It looks like VUeMinder is not creating users in the MYSQL

Leigh
lsdfr

Re: Mysql - No User ID's in Sharing Screen

Postby lsdfr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Just an Update

Deleted whole VUEMinder database in the sql server, re shared on both and still the same - no UID's

Leigh
lsdfr

Postby VueSoft » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi Leigh, thank you for the information. When you add specific user permissions to the Calendar Properties, those user names should get inserted into the "users" table of the database. First, please open the Sharing Options and click the "Test Connection" button. Do you see any errors? If so, could you let me know what error you see?

If the connection tests okay, then my guess is there's a permissions problem with the MySQL user account. User accounts need (at a minimum) the following privileges: ALTER, CREATE, DELETE, INSERT, SELECT, and UPDATE.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby lsdfr » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:11 am

Hi Dan

Test connections works fine, no errors on both

Both users have full Global Privileges on ALL databases just to make sure there were no permissions problems.

The Calendar on PC2 does get put in the MYSQL server (768KB) size with values in contacts/events/transactions
PC 1 can see PC2 calendar, if I set everyone to contribute access I can edit the calendar on PC2 - its just that there's no users

Under the database users has Userid Varchar and Name Text, Data tab shows blank.

Leigh
lsdfr

Postby VueSoft » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi Leigh, thank you for the information. I haven't been able to replicate the problem on my test network, so I'm not yet sure what is causing the behavior you're seeing. I'll investigate further.

If you require permissions for different users, you could try forcing the user names into the users table by running some SQL in the console or MySQL Workbench. Try this:
Code: Select all
INSERT INTO vueminder.users (UserId, Name) VALUES ("xxx", "yyy")

Where xxx is the user ID that needs to have permissions assigned in VueMinder, and yyy is the user's full name (or the same as xxx). Does that work?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby lsdfr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi Dan
Added the two users in manually and set users to contributor on both PC's and everyone else to no access. - Works fine :D

FYI, The Freenas (11.0 U2) is running MariaDB 10.2.7 in a jail, - both users have Global privileges (all boxes ticked) -
Changing a password on a SQL user - stops a connection - so the SQL uid is being checked - just that the Users under VueMinder are not being created.
Everything else appears to be working including creating/sharing new calendars.

Leigh
lsdfr

Postby VueSoft » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi Leigh, I'm glad that worked. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support