reinstall/License Key and service contract

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

reinstall/License Key and service contract

Postby daheeper » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:23 am

I just recently purchased Calendar Pro and have a couple of questions:

1) It says my service contract will expire on 3-20-11. Do I have to buy the program again? what exactly is the service contract for?

2) When I reinstall Windows (being a geek that happens quite a bit), will I have to get another license key?
Many programs these days are tying the license key to your computer in a particular state. When you reinstall windows, the program thinks it is on a different computer and will not accept the license key that was emailed to you after you purchased it.
daheeper

Re: reinstall/License Key and service contract

Postby VueSoft » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi daheeper, thank you for purchasing VueMinder Calendar Pro and welcome to the forums.

There is no expiration to the license. You can use it for as long as you like. You'll also receive free product upgrades, including major new versions, for 1 year after your purchase. You can optionally renew "update protection" after the first year for $24.95 US, and then continue to receive product updates for another year. However, an active service contract is not required to use the software and it will work just fine even if the service contact has expired. The software just won't be able to be updated to the latest version after the first year without renewing the service contract. This is being renamed to "upgrade protection" for the next release, to make it more clear that it’s not required in order to use the software.

If you reinstall the same copy of Windows (i.e., from the same DVD you used originally), your previous license key will continue to work - even if switching to a different computer. However, if you install a different version of Windows, or use a different Windows license when installing, VueMinder Calendar will think it's on a different computer and the previous license key will no longer work.

When you received the email containing your license key, the email also included a download link to a full version installer. You can use this download to install your license on up to 4 other computers where you're the only user of the software. You could also use the download to reinstall your license, if needed. Note, the download link expires 7 days after ordering. However, I can provide an updated link if you ever need one.

Thanks again for your purchase, and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: reinstall/License Key and service contract

Postby daheeper » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:58 am

Thank you for the prompt reply.

When I received the emailed, I quickly scanned it, found the license code and read no further. My bad. Everything I needed to know was right there.

I didn't use the trialware too long. There are a lot of features in Calendar Pro, and I look forward to exploring them all. But amazingly, somehow you have made it powerful and intuitive. Anyone with more than a passing familiarity with software knows this major triumph.

Keep up the great work!

:D :D
daheeper

Return to Technical Support