Cannot generate a list of Notes within the "Notes" Tab

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Cannot generate a list of Notes within the "Notes" Tab

Postby Vir » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:46 am

When I go into the "Notes" tab, I would like to see a list of all of my notes and have a way to filter them. The problem I am having is that I don't get any Notes to display at all. The Date, Note, Category, and Calendar column filters don't seem to anything. The only way I can view any notes at all is to go to the search box and enter in a keyword that is part of the note. Unfortunately my memory is not perfect and I can't remember a keyword from every note I have entered in the past so I can't access my old notes. This seems to defeat the purpose of making notes since I make them to help me remember things. I am going to try a workaround by adding an asterisk to the beginning of each of my new notes. This way I will have a key symbol to search for.

My overall goal is to use the "Show Notes in Calendar" option so I can view notes in my calendar.

Any help would be appreciated. VueMinder Pro version 2017.01
Vir

Re: Cannot generate a list of Notes within the "Notes" Tab

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi Vir, I'm not sure why your notes aren't appearing in the list. Please click the gear button on the upper-right corner of the Notes tab and click "Reset Filter", in case you accidentally applied a filter. Also, adjust the "Date range" to "All dates" and make sure your Notes calendar (in the calendar list) has a checkbox next to its name. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Cannot generate a list of Notes within the "Notes" Tab

Postby Vir » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:53 am

I tried the reset filter function and I tried numerous date filters including "All Dates" and "Date Range". What I finally stumbled upon that seemed to fix the issue was unchecking the "Show Group By Box" on the "Notes Tab" settings menu. After unchecking it, my notes showed up. I checked it again and my notes went away. Unchecking it brought my notes back. Also, once my notes where back on the "Notes Tab", they also started showing up on my monthly and weekly calendars which was what I wanted to do in the first place. You might want to see if you can duplicate this behavior.

I couldn't find a way to get the notes to show up on the daily calendar so I am either not finding the option or it might be a nice feature to add.

I hope this helps.

Vir
Vir

Return to Technical Support