Print dialog/paper settings not "sticking"

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Print dialog/paper settings not "sticking"

Postby kathleen08 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:54 pm

When trying to print calendars on 13x19 paper, the settings don't "stick". I have tried printing different ways:

File > Print or the Print icon in the button bar (these invoke the same print dialog)
File > Print Preview
Auto Preview button from the print dialog box and then the print icon from the button bar

From the print dialog box, if I click on Page Setup, paper size is set to 13x19 and orientation is set to landscape. This setting seems to "stick" until changed.

Now, going into the actual printer dialog box, I select my printer (Epson SC-P800) and click properties. This is the part that doesn't "stick"... I change the media type and paper size (either manually in the dialog box, or a preset from my Select Setting. If I go ahead and print, what ends up being printed is the top of the calendar being shifted down (on a landscape orientation) 2". If I then go back into the print dialog properties, the settings are not what I last set them to, they are the printer default options. The Epson print status box that pops up after/while the job is printing shows that it is printing on 8 1/2 x 11. On a few occasions, when initially trying to troubleshoot this, I have been able to get calendars to print correctly (repeatedly going back and forth between various ways to print and settings), but I can't find a reproducible sequence that prints consistently.

My workaround is to print to PDF, and then print the PDF through Adobe Acrobat. Not a huge inconvenience, but clearly not something working correctly.

I will also mention, that in the past, with Photoshop and a previous Epson printer, I had a similar problem. Google searches led me to it being a known issue and the work around was to go through the motions to print, setting paper type, size , etc. and rather than clicking Print, there was an option to click Done - basically apply the changes in the print dialog, but not print. Then go to print a second time, and the settings would be saved and print correctly.

Let me know what information I can provide to help make this more clear.

Thank you for a great product!
kathleen08

Re: Print dialog/paper settings not "sticking"

Postby VueSoft » Fri May 05, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi kathleen08, the settings that are selected when opening the properties of your printer are actually outside VueMinder. These settings are controlled by your printer driver. The printer should use the page size selected on the Print dialog. I'm not sure why your printer is using a different page size.

I don't have an Epson printer so I can't verify, but many printers provide a mechanism to change the default settings. Maybe changing the default page size to 13x19 would fix the problem.

Also, have you checked for an updated printer driver, or tried reinstalling your printer?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Print dialog/paper settings not "sticking"

Postby kathleen08 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Thanks for the update. I will try the default setting, and also reach out to Epson.
kathleen08

Return to Technical Support