Missing Tasks

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Missing Tasks

Postby jimindt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:30 am

When I go under the Tasks Tab, all of my Tasks have disappeared. I've tried filtering them to show all the tasks with no results. I've tried restoring from each of the last several days of backups - all of which show 179 tasks and nothing happens - still no Tasks show up. I've made sure that "show All Completed Tasks" is checked on under View. The Date Range is set to Show All Dates, still nothing.

With the "My Calendars" displayed - and oddly it shows two different Task item/blocks in the My Calendar list, I've tried clicking the check mark on and off for the Tasks - . One of them is White, the other Brown - no results. The White when I hover over it indicates that there are no Tasks, the Brown when I hover over it indicates that there are 12 Tasks.

What haven't I tried?

Jim
jimindt

Re: Missing Tasks

Postby VueSoft » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi Jim, I'm not sure what happened. Are you running with the latest version (2017.01)? Have you tried reinstalling the latest? If that doesn't fix it, then I'm not sure what happened, or why the tasks aren't appearing when you recover from a backup. If possible, could you send a backup file to support@vueminder.com, so I can try to determine why the tasks aren't appearing? All data will be kept confidential and removed from my computer as soon as I've finished.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby jimindt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am

I'll reinstall and let you know. Tried re-installing - the option is Repair, and it says 'the specified account already exists, and then the next popup says that it ended due to an error, and the system has not been modified.

Copy of a backup is on the way.
jimindt

Postby jimindt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:16 pm

As an update. I added a task and then once it popped up I closed it. Both the closed task and the automatic recurring task both appear in the Task tab.
jimindt

Return to Technical Support