Email notifications...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Email notifications...

Postby paulwright » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:14 am

my email notifications have suddenly stopped working, checked my settings and all seems ok; however when i try to send a test email i get the following error
Attachments
Vuefinder capture.PNG
Vuefinder capture.PNG (20.37 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
paulwright

Re: Email notifications...

Postby VueSoft » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi Paul, welcome to the forums. This looks like a problem that was in an older version. Are you using the latest version (2017.01)? You can update by using the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command. Please let me know if updating doesn't fix the problem or if you're already using the latest version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby paulwright » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:02 am

Thanks for your reply Dan, I'm not using the latest update as my update protection expired some months ago.... I'm a little confused as why this has suddenly stopped working as it was fine up until now?
paulwright

Postby VueSoft » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi Paul, VueMinder was updated to use a better (much more robust) library for connecting to SMTP servers and sending email. The previous library had various issues with connecting to some servers, especially when using SSL. My guess is that something changed on the server-side which is preventing the old version of VueMinder from being able to connect. It's possible updating to the new version will fix the problem. That's where I would recommend starting.

If you update to the latest version but you're still unable to send email, please send a screenshot of your current email settings to support@vueminder.com, so I can check for any mistakes.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support