All contacts disappeared!

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

All contacts disappeared!

Postby llischer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Not sure what happened, but I'm on the Contacts tab and I now have 0 contacts. I used to have about 100 contacts. I'm running on Windows 10. I was running VueMinder Ultimate 2016.10. I then upgraded to 2017.01 and have the same problem. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Linda
llischer

Re: All contacts disappeared!

Postby VueSoft » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi Linda, I'm not sure what happened to cause your contacts to disappear. To recover your data, please go to the File menu and click the “Restore Data” command. Hopefully you’ll see a list of previous backups. Choose the most recent one (that indicates contacts are present) and click the Restore button.

If you don’t see any backup checkpoints, try searching your hard drive for files having a “vbackup” extension, or browse to the “Backups” subfolder of VueMinder’s private data folder. The path can be found in the Program Options window. You should see some backup files in that folder, unless you disabled automatic backups. Click the “Browse” button in the Restore Data window to open a vbackup file.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you’re unable to recover your data, or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: All contacts disappeared!

Postby llischer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Thanks Dan. I had to use a backup from my backup software to find a version with data. I put the file in the right place and it worked great. Thanks so much! --Linda
llischer

Return to Technical Support