Override Category Colors

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Override Category Colors

Postby cbrandt » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm attempting to use Vueminder as a large format display for an Exchange hosted calendar. I'm having trouble getting view by category colors to be consistent. Vueminder is importing colors from any active user of the calendar via exchange. I want vueminder to use internally set calendar colors. I can get it to do this manually, but anytime the calendar syncs new events, they use exchanges color mapping, not vueminders. How can I set up Vueminder or exchange to not pass this information?
cbrandt

Re: Override Category Colors

Postby VueSoft » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi cbrandt, welcome to the forums. VueMinder will use the category colors specified in Exchange. Unfortunately, there isn't currently any mechanism to disable this behavior. I've added this to my to-do list and I'll let you know when it's completed. In the meantime, after an event has synced you can open the event in VueMinder and override its appearance on the "Appearance" tab.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Override Category Colors

Postby cbrandt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:08 am

I look forward to an update on this. Currently we use the workaround of setting each calendar's properties to override existing colors each morning, but that's a lot of extra effort.
cbrandt

Return to Technical Support