Can't export to ics

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Can't export to ics

Postby iansdell » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 am

Hi there

I'm running VueMinder Calendar Lite 6.0.1 and would like to export my calendar to ics.

"Export event actions" etc is ticked in the export dialogue, but the Export button is greyed out and unclickable.

Please advise.
iansdell

Re: Can't export to ics

Postby VueSoft » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi iansdell, welcome to the forums.

Have you specified a destination filename for the export? The Export button will be disabled until a destination file has been specified. The file can be new or existing. You can type a file name or you can click the "..." button (on the right side of the destination filename text field) to browse for a file location. Please note, there's a bug in 6.0.1 where the filename must end with lower-case "ics". If the extension is upper-case "ICS", the Export button will be disabled.

The next version is being corrected/improved so the Export button will never be disabled. If the Export button is clicked and a destination file has not yet been specified, you'll be prompted to select a file, and then the export will continue. In the meantime, it's a simple matter of specifying the filename first.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Can't export to ics

Postby iansdell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks Dan. I assumed that the filename created by VM would be ok. The export worked fine once I'd created a new filename.
iansdell

Return to Technical Support