Individual files

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Individual files

Postby ipbr21054 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Can you confirm the files shown below belong ro Vuesoft.
config,xml contacts,xml locations,xml tasks,xml and more of them on my c drive folder.
I did not remember seeing them before i installed the full version.
What would be the best way to put them all in a folder correctly named etc AND for the vuesoft calander to still work correctly with error messages popping up.
If you want all the files of which look to be about 9 i can send a screen shot for you to advise if they are this softwares files.
ipbr21054

Re: Individual files

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:23 pm

The files you mentioned are all created by VueMinder Calendar. They contain various data, like program options, tasks, contacts, colors for categories, etc.

You can change the location where these files are saved by going to the Program Options window and selecting a different folder for the data location. After changing the data location, exit the program. You should see the files created at the new location.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Hello i have created another folder and have changed the path that it was currently assigned to but after restarting the calander YES files are now in the new folder but none of them are what was in my c drive folder.
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Are you saying none of the file names match? That doesn't sound right. You may have some additional files in the old location, ending with 'backup'. These are created by VueMinder Calendar when the program is closed, and are used when loading, in case the original file is detected to be corrupt. Maybe the difference you're seeing is the lack of some of the additional backup files in the new folder. These backup files will be created over time.

Note, there are some other folders located under 'VueSoft', at the same level as the VueMinder folder where your user data is stored. These other folders will have weird names like 'VueMinder.exe_StrongName_pejh4iyetg0osyhua0u5qcjmxgxvofru'. These folders contain additional program configuration settings, and cannot be moved. You can delete the folders if you'd like, but they'll be regenerated when the program starts.

Many other programs do the same thing. If you look at the same level as the 'VueSoft' folder, you should see folders for many of your other applications. This is the standard method used to save configuration data for individual user profiles.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Correct none of the files match.
The files that are stil in the c drive folder are as follows,
categories xml
config xml
contacts xml
locations xml
priorities xml
tasks xml
calanderinfi.bin

Reading above the files what i think you are talking about are saved here C:\Program Files\VueSoft\VueMinder
The files that i am talking about are just all lose and not in a folder but saved here C:\
ipbr21054

Return to Technical Support