Error Sending Text Message Reminder

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Postby Techdoode » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:04 am

I haven't had a response to this issue yet, and am not sure how to call attention to it, so I'm re-posting.

I am getting the following error message:

An error occurred while attempting to send a text message reminder for event "Event Name"
Authentication failed.

This feature used to work, so I'm not sure what occurred to break it. There was an Windows 10 OS update, but I'm not sure if this is related.

Thanks,

Nick
Techdoode

Re: Error Sending Text Message Reminder

Postby VueSoft » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi Nick, please open the SMS/Voice Settings and click the "Send a Test SMS". What error do you see? If you have configured VueMinder to send SMS reminders through your mobile carrier, you'll also need to get the Email Settings properly configured. Open the Email Settings and make sure the correct username and password have been entered. If you did an in-place upgrade to Windows 10, you'll need to re-enter your passwords.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Error Sending Text Message Reminder

Postby Techdoode » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:42 am

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. :-)

The error is, "An error occurred while attempting to send a test SMS: Authentication failed."

Brilliant! :D

The email was the problem. Changing the password fixed it.

The connection between a potential email problem and the SMS problem hadn't occurred to me. I suppose I was too focused on the SMS error message to think deeply about it.

I might have changed my email password, but forgot to change it in VueMinder. Since it's obscured with asterisks in Email settings, I'm not sure.

Thank you very much!

Nick
Techdoode

Return to Technical Support