Unable to restore data

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Unable to restore data

Postby ffabien » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:15 am

Hi,

Following a sync issue, We made a backup of our shared agenda with "File> Save".

The calendar was subsequently deleted but it is impossible to restore data "file> Restore> choosing the file" Vueminder is reloading but any data is restored.

Can I have your help please
ffabien

Re: Unable to restore data

Postby VueSoft » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi ffabien, it sounds like maybe a calendar that was shared through MySQL Server was intentionally deleted. When a shared calendar is deleted, it will also be removed from the database and a record will be saved informing VueMinder that the calendar was intentionally deleted.

When you restore from an older backup, VueMinder will sync with the server and see the record stating the calendar was deleted. if the calendar is present in the restored data, it will be deleted to match the server. If VueMinder didn't work this way, then it would be impossible to delete a shared calendar.

To work around this behavior, please try these steps:
1. Disable your network connection or turn off the computer where MySQL Server is running.
2. Restore your data in VueMinder.
3. If the events don’t automatically disappear after being restored, open the Calendar Properties and check the “Do not sync” box.
4. Exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the notification area and selecting “Exit”.
5. Restart VueMinder.
6. Open the Calendar Properties and re-enable syncing.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support