Link Contact to Event

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Link Contact to Event

Postby mick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:23 pm

I recently started a trial with Pro. So far it's looking very promising. I am almost entirely Event centric meaning all to-dos, reminders, start dates, due states etc. begin with my creating an Event in the Month Calendar screen.

Question: IS there a way to link a contact with an Event? I have created a Custom field for Contacts which requires my typing out the contact name. A dropdown perhaps showing all clients would be a time savor. My ultimate goal is to have a listing of events by contact as a history of tax filings, deliverable dates and such. Any thoughts?
mick

Re: Link Contact to Event

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi Mick, welcome to the forums. VueMinder is designed to accomplish exactly what you describe. You can link a contact to an event by clicking the "Links" tab on the Event Editor. Select "Link Existing -> Contact" to pick the contact you'd like associated with the event. After saving the event, you can open the Contact Editor to see they've been linked to the event, and to see a history of all other events they've been linked to.

Please see the documentation linked below for more detailed information:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... dlink.html

I hope that helps. Thanks for trying VueMinder and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Link Contact to Event

Postby mick » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:18 am

Thanks much
mick

Return to Technical Support