Unwanted text on moon phases calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Unwanted text on moon phases calendar

Postby Lucinda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:17 pm

"GET OFF MY LAWN" appeared on my moon phases calendar on Sept 26th and continues every day to infinity. When I tried to delete it said it is a read only file and can not be deleted, also my repeat settings are whacky. Can you help? :roll:

20161001_185651_HDR.jpg
20161001_185651_HDR.jpg (111.71 KiB) Viewed 3971 times
Lucinda

Re: Unwanted text on moon phases calendar

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi Lucinda, welcome to the forums. The moon phases calendar is a subscription to an online (3rd party) calendar. It appears a hacker has been having some fun with the online calendar. Events in calendar subscriptions can't be deleted because they would just reappear the next time the calendar syncs. VueMinder (correctly) will show exactly what is in the remote calendar.

It's possible you've subscribed to some other moon phases calendar besides the one recommended by VueMinder. If that's the case, you might want to inform the calendar provider that their calendar has been hacked.

To fix the problem and use the moon phases calendar recommended by VueMinder, please follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Moon Phases calendar in your calendar list and select "Delete Calendar".
2. Click the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Public Calendars and Holidays" menu command.
3. Select "Science -> Moon Phases" and then click the "Add Calendar" button.

When I tried this, the moon phases calendar appeared as expected, without any goofy events. Hopefully this will fix the problem you're seeing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unwanted text on moon phases calendar

Postby Lucinda » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 pm

It worked for me! Thank you so much! I have informed them that they may have been hacked, that was freaky! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lucinda

Return to Technical Support