Unwated text appearing in description section

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Unwated text appearing in description section

Postby vuehelp » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:13 am

Can anyone please explain how I can prevent unwanted text from appearing in my description section when I print "daily" pages or on the "details" document. The text is always as follows....  

I don't have it appearing in every description but it does appear in about 20% of my entries. I am the person tracking daily deliveries to a large construction project and use the calendar to share with ALL delivery companies each and every day. The description start to look like gibberish or typos. When you open up the event, the text doesn't appear....just in the printed version.

Re: Unwated text appearing in description section

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:59 pm

Hi vuehelp, welcome to the forums. VueMinder supports entering event descriptions using formatted text. The formatting is done using HTML. When printing the Daily or Details layouts, event descriptions are converted from HTML to plain text.

The HTML code for a space character is &nbsp;. Usually, the conversion from HTML to plain text should find those codes and replace them with spaces. I haven't been able to replicate the problem, using formatted HTML descriptions with many spaces, so I'm not sure what is causing the problem in your event descriptions. Could you please open one of the events that has the problem, click the "Plain Text" button at the bottom of the Description Tab (the button looks like </>), and copy/paste the text into an email to support@vueminder.com? This will be a huge help in tracking down what is causing the problem.

Also, to avoid the problem while I work on a correction, you could enter your event descriptions using the "Plain Text" mode on the Event Editor, rather than the "Formatted Text" mode. You can enter plain text mode by clicking the button near the bottom of the Description tab. If there's a lot of existing HTML text, you can select all the current text and press Delete to clear it out, before typing your plain text description.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support