Weekly occurrence numbers starting at #x?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Weekly occurrence numbers starting at #x?

Postby diannelamerc » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Is there a way to give a specific starting number for reminder occurrence numbering in weekly events (the way it's possible to for yearly events)?

For example: I have an event every Wednesday for 20 weeks--but I came in on the third week and still want to see what week of the program we're actually on.

(Or, more specifically, I could deal with glitches/confusion in numbering for recurring weekly events by recreating the event as a new one, but starting at the next number. If I've paid for 25 weekly appointments and I skip #3, then it carries on with #4 the next week, when I need it to start again at #3 after the skipped week.

I have a lot of weekly events I need to do X number of times, and I want to track what # I'm on, but when I skip a week or make a change in a single day, or "from this day forward", it seems to confuse the program (or maybe it's me who's confused!) much of the time. I'd rather manually restart the numbering after a skipped week or when the times for the event change halfway through the run, rather than trying to go back every time some change messes up the numbering and completely reset the repeating event from the start in order to try to get it to do what I want.)

Dianne
diannelamerc

Re: Weekly occurrence numbers starting at #x?

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi Dianne, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, there's no mechanism to restart numbering within a weekly recurring series. However, you could still accomplish what you describe.

For example: I have an event every Wednesday for 20 weeks--but I came in on the third week and still want to see what week of the program we're actually on.

In this example, you'd define the recurring event to start on the first week, even though you didn't come in until the third week. The occurrence number will be #3 for the third week.

If I've paid for 25 weekly appointments and I skip #3, then it carries on with #4 the next week, when I need it to start again at #3 after the skipped week.

In this case, simply delete the single occurrence you skipped. If you delete occurrence #3, the next week's occurrence number will automatically update to be #3 instead of #4. You can delete a single occurrence by selecting the occurrence, pressing Delete, and picking the option to only delete the selected occurrence.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support