.NET install takes forever

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

.NET install takes forever

Postby Kneed2No » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:30 am

Hi,

In order for me to install VueMinder on my computer I need to install Microsoft ,NET. I tried a couple of versions. It verified but it does not seem to install. See the attached. This was after several minutes. I cannot use VieMaster if I cannot get this installed. Help!

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and have over a TB of space left on the hard drive.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
.NET setup from Microsoft
Capture.PNG (18.61 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
Kneed2No

Re: .NET install takes forever

Postby VueSoft » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi Kneed2No, welcome to the forums. If you're using Windows 7, then I'd recommend installing the latest version of the .NET Framework (currently v4.6.2). You can download it here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=53345

You should see a message after the .NET installation has completed. This could take several minutes. A reboot might be necessary for the installation to complete. You can also confirm the .NET Framework was installed by looking at the list of installed programs in the "uninstall a program" area of the Control Panel.

After installing the .NET Framework, try running the VueMinder installation again. If you get the same message about the .NET Framework not being installed, please contact Microsoft for support.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: .NET install takes forever

Postby Kneed2No » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:14 am

:D :D :D Dan,

The download that you included for me worked well. I was able to backup the old drive VueMinder data and restore it to the new hard drive.

Dan, you are the best!

:D
Kneed2No

Return to Technical Support