vueminder sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

vueminder sync

Postby Lee » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 pm

I am intersted in syncing Vueminder ( a great calendar progam ) with Pocket Informant on Iphone . It seems to be a good fit as it has multiple calendars like your software. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks again Lee
Lee

Re: vueminder sync

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi Lee, there's no way to directly sync between VueMinder Calendar and Pocket Informant, since this capability isn't currently supported by Pocket Informant. It looks like the developers of Pocket Informant have future plans to expand desktop syncing with other calendar programs, but I don't know if that support will include VueMinder Calendar.

In the meantime, you can sync VueMinder Calendar with Google Calendar, and then sync Google Calendar with Pocket Informant. It's not a direct sync, but I think it should work.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby dglp » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 am

I'm looking for info about how to sync with Google Calendar - but since the phpBB search function ignores 'sync', can you point me to the relevant topics?
dglp

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi dglp, welcome to the forums. The help documentation needs to be updated to describe recently added features, such as Google Calendar sync. This is something I'm planning to do very soon. In the meantime, you can read about configuring Google Calendar sync in the blog, linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact ... eturnid=61

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby tone66 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:39 am

Hi!
I am intersted in syncing Vueminder betwin my stationary PC and my notebook. When i try to import My Calendar data from PC to the Notebook My Calendar (with the same name) it seems all events are duplicated in the same place and with the same time!
Can i easyly remove duplicate events, or (I hope NO??) I must manualy deleted duplicated events. Its very imported for me that I have posibility to Syhronization my PC and notebook calendar. The option to ADD shared calendars from LAN is not sutable for me
becouse my notebook is not on LAN when i Use it out of my office.
Please let me know if it is possible to impore events to another PC with the same settings and names of calendar, without duplicates??

Thanks again Hinko
tone66

Postby VueSoft » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi Hinko, when you import, do you see a window appear asking if you want to overwrite existing events? It should look like the window described in the following link:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vueminder/help/importdeleteevents.html

If you're not seeing this window appear when importing into your existing calendar, you could try deleting the calendar and then import the file into a new calendar. That should make it correctly sync with the calendar you exported from your other computer, and subsequent imports should result in the 'Delete/Overwrite Events' window appearing.

Also, in case you aren't aware, there are other alternatives to this type of manual import/export syncing. If you're using the Pro version and both computers have internet access, you could sync through Google Calendar. Click the link below for more detailed instructions:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=10&cntnt01returnid=61

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support