VueMinder Ultimate and WIndows Livemail - Date sort problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

VueMinder Ultimate and WIndows Livemail - Date sort problem

Postby lsdfr » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:08 am

Hi All

Running Windows 10 with Live Mail (LM) 2011 on a laptop for a few months, talking to a Google email account - using POP/SMTP. Fine no problems.

Install the Trial version of Ultimate a couple of days ago, everything installed OK, did not set-up email alerts but used same account above to talk to Google calendars - works fine.

Today replied to a email and it went.
Looked in the (LM) sent box - and the message was not there.
Replied to another different message and that did not appear.
Checked the Google mail sent box and both messages were there !!

The (LM) inbox had a few messages, some up to a week old but one that was there yesterday but had since disappeared

Did a search on the (LM) inbox and found the message which said it WAS in the inbox

On selecting sort by name or subject (or anything else other than Date), both the messages in the (LM) sent and inbox now appear - so its a problem with "Date" sort function.

This problem has only started since yesterday and the only bit of software added recently has been Ultimate (Plus maybe a windows update).
SO Dan could you have a look to see if VueMinder makes any changes that may affect windows Livemail ?

Thanks
Leigh
lsdfr

Re: VueMinder Ultimate and WIndows Livemail - Date sort prob

Postby lsdfr » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:17 am

Up date on this - Removed Ultimate - Still the problem
So some searching found this

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ed46b1fe6d

JFiredog had the answer - to do with the "Conversations" option being turned on - no idea how that happened but problem solved.

SO not a problem caused by Ultimate :D

Leigh
lsdfr

Re: VueMinder Ultimate and WIndows Livemail - Date sort prob

Postby VueSoft » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi Leigh, thank you for the information. I would have been scratching my head for days on this one, because I'm not sure how VueMinder could have been related to the problem. I'm glad you were able to find the solution. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support