Syncing with Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Syncing with Google Calendar

Postby jack804 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:50 pm

I have been a Vueminder Lite user for 2 years. I like the program very much.
I recently upgraded to the Pro trial version for the main purpose of being able to sync two ways to Google calendar on my phone and tablet.
I am not able to sync from Vueminder Pro Trial version to Google calendar although I can sync from Google Calendar to Vueminder. I have done mucho searches in this Forum and with general Google searches. None of the suggestions that I have tried have worked.
I exported Vueminder events to a file and had Google calendar import the events. This worked fine, but new events in Vueminder do not sync with Google, even though the software says it has synced.
I suspect that the Trial version of Pro may be crippled in some way, perhaps inadvertently.
Unless I can be certain that a purchased version of Pro will in fact sync both ways, I am reluctant to make the purchase.
I'd appreciate any help or suggestions in this regard.
Thanks.
jack804

Re: Syncing with Google Calendar

Postby VueSoft » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi jack804, welcome to the forums. Please open the Calendar Properties (double-click the calendar's name in the calendar list) and select the "Sync" tab. Change the sync direction from "1-way" to "2-way". Also, make sure the "Sync automatically" box is checked.

If that doesn't fix the problem, right-click the calendar and select "Delete Calendar". Use the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" menu command to re-add the calendar. Make sure the sync direction is set to "2-way" on the "Add Google Calendar" window before clicking the "Add Calendar" button.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby jack804 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:23 am

Hi Dan:

Thank you very much for your rapid response to my post.

My settings after the Pro install have always been two-way syncing with Google Calendar and automatic syncing has always been enabled. Following your suggestion I deleted the Vueminder calendar and exited the program. I then restarted Vueminder and re-enabled the calendar through the File command, add Google calendar, and made sure two-way syncing was checked. I also tried syncing with Windows 10 firewall and Avast Antivirus turned off.

Unfortunately, I still do not have syncing to Google Calendar. And, now I am unable to sync from Google Calendar to Vueminder. Perhaps, there is something wrong on the Google Calendar side.

Please let me know if I can send you any info that might help you diagnose this issue.

Thanks,
Jack
jack804

Postby VueSoft » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi Jack, thank you for the information. Please try these steps:

1. Right-click the calendar's name and select "Delete Calendar" from the popup menu.

2. Exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".

3. Delete the folder named "C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Roaming\VueMinder.Google.Auth". Note, this folder is hidden. Windows Explorer will need to be configured to show hidden folders before this folder will be visible.

4. Double-check your firewall has an exception to allow VueMinder to access the web.

5. Open the Google Account Permissions page. Revoke access for VueMinder.

6. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the settings button in the upper-right corner. Select "Labs". Click "Disable" for all Labs items. Some lab items have been known to cause intermittent syncing problems in the past. Click the Save button after disabling any lab items.

7. Restart VueMinder.

8. Click the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. You should be prompted to allow access. Click the Allow button.

9. Add your calendar, using "2-way" as the sync direction. It should just work...
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby jack804 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi Dan:

Once again, thanks for your prompt assistance with my problem of syncing to Google Calendar.

After performing the most recent steps you outlined, Vueminder Pro is now syncing to Google Calendar. I believe the issue involved the Permissions stage, and that it was my fault in not recognizing that the Permission was not appropriately transmitted via Firefox. I changed the browser to Chrome, and that seemed to do the trick.

I have purchased the Pro version.

Again, thanks very much for your help. The software is terrific.

Jack
jack804

Postby VueSoft » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi Jack, thank you for your purchase! Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby AdminRLM » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:29 am

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar problem where events that I add or update in vueminder do not sync to my google calendar. I have read the solution presented here. However, if I delete the vueminder calendar, is there anyway to restore the events that have been put in there after it has been deleted? There is historical information and future events we do not want to lose.

Thanks!
AdminRLM

Postby VueSoft » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi AdminRLM, welcome to the forums. To prevent the events you created in VueMinder from being lost when you delete the calendar, please try these steps:

1. Export your calendar to an ICS file using the "Export Events" command on the File menu. This will ensure the events in VueMinder that are missing from Google Calendar are saved.

2. Right-click the calendar's name and select "Delete Calendar" from the popup menu.

3. Exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".

4. Delete the folder named "C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Roaming\VueMinder.Google.Auth". Note, this folder is hidden. Windows Explorer will need to be configured to show hidden folders before this folder will be visible.

5. Double-check your firewall has an exception to allow VueMinder to access the web.

6. Open the Google Account Permissions page. Revoke access for VueMinder.

7. Restart VueMinder.

8. Click the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. You should be prompted to allow access. Click the Allow button.

9. Import the ICS file that was exported in Step 1. Any events that are not in Google Calendar should sync after importing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby arhuland » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 pm

I have a similar issue everything was syncing fine till the last update. I have followed all the steps you outlined here however when I try to link the google account back to Vueminder I get the following error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I am running the current version of .Net.
So my phone which I rely on very much no longer has my appointments and I really really do not want to have to enter items on two platforms - errors will happen and then I will not know which one is right.
arhuland

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi arhuland, have you tried rebooting? If rebooting doesn’t fix the problem, there might be something wrong with your VueMinder installation. To fix the problem, use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won’t remove any data). Reboot after uninstalling. Next, download and reinstall using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support