Spurious events and tasks

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Spurious events and tasks

Postby apelec » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:01 am

V 2016.09

The task is floating and shows correctly on PC1 but is duplicated on PC2

the Event 10-10:30 is correct on both

the Event 04:00-05:00 was not created by any users and appears only on PC2

the Google sync is one way VM to Google. However Google Cal is completely empty. I rarely need to look at it and only noticed today.

VM on PC1 is usually left running 24/7. VM on PC2 is exit overnight. mySQL is on a Ubuntu server on 24/7

I don’t have evidence, but I am almost certain that the odd task and event have vanished without trace.
Attachments
Dup Task Cal 04.jpg
PC2 User2
Dup Task Cal 04.jpg (234.25 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
Dup Task Cal 03.jpg
PC1 User1
Dup Task Cal 03.jpg (227.2 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
apelec

Re: Spurious events and tasks

Postby VueSoft » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:27 am

Hi apelec, thank you for the information. I'll investigate further.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby apelec » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:07 am

today I found that floating task on PC1 has correctly moved to today and display correctly. On PC2 the floating task has moved BUT the colour has changed. Note that PAM Jobs background colour has changed AND PAM Jobs (2) has appeared with the background colour that was assigned to PAM Jobs.

All three task & event spears to belong to PAM Jobs. If I display PAM Jobs (2) only nothing shows for today.

I have reported this calendar duplication in an other thread.

There is something horribly wrong with multiusers, is it my config or a deep rooted issue?

I have lost trust in VM, please what shall I do to fix this for good?
Attachments
Dup Task Cal 05.jpg
Dup Task Cal 05.jpg (217.89 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
apelec

Postby VueSoft » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Hi apelec, thank you for the information. It appears "PAM Jobs" isn't shared, but "PAM Jobs (2)" is shared. I'm still not sure where the extra (non-shared) "PAM Jobs" task calendar came from, but based on the behavior you describe, it sounds like both calendars might have the same underlying "unique" ID (which should never happen - I'll add even more safeguards to prevent this).

My suggestion - export "PAM Jobs" to an ICS file and then delete "PAM Jobs". Import the ICS file into "PAM Jobs (2)". If you eliminate the duplicate task calendar, I think the issues you're seeing should be solved.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby apelec » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:45 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi apelec, thank you for the information. It appears "PAM Jobs" isn't shared, but "PAM Jobs (2)" is shared.

not quite "PAM jobs" is the only Task calendar share by User1
"PAM jobs (2)" appears to have been created by VM and duplicates "PAM jobs" from PC1
"PAM jobs" on PC2 contain only a couple of event and is the creation of VM

VueSoft wrote:I'm still not sure where the extra (non-shared) "PAM Jobs" task calendar came from

the extra is is "PAM jobs (2)

VueSoft wrote: but based on the behavior you describe, it sounds like both calendars might have the same underlying "unique" ID (which should never happen - I'll add even more safeguards to prevent this).

how do I rectify this?

VueSoft wrote:My suggestion - export "PAM Jobs" to an ICS file and then delete "PAM Jobs". Import the ICS file into "PAM Jobs (2)". If you eliminate the duplicate task calendar, I think the issues you're seeing should be solved.

I do no want "PAM Jobs (2)

"PAM jobs (2)" was under a Task Calendar, today it mysteriously appears under a My Calendar which did not exist Friday (Arrow 1)

The task (Arrow 2) created by User2 on Friday was the correct style Orange, on Saturday is turned White, User1 sees it Orange

The recurring Event (Arrow 3) was marked completed by User2 on Friday and was showing striked out on PC1 and PC2. Saturday is is marked as completed on PC1 but not completed on PC2

I have reported a lot of issues other don't seem to have. How can get VM to work reliably for me? I have lost trust in VM :cry:
Attachments
Dup Task Cal 06.jpg
Dup Task Cal 06.jpg (221.47 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
apelec

Postby apelec » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:19 am

on Sunday "PAM jobs" is back and the My Tasks is also back of it own volition.
"PAM Jobs (2) contains only one task, duplicate of Topup Rplan

VM on PC1 is all correct

I have now deleted "PAM jobs (2)" to see what will happen on Monday, the suspense is killing me :)
Attachments
Dup Task Cal 07.jpg
Dup Task Cal 07.jpg (204.05 KiB) Viewed 4053 times
apelec

Postby VueSoft » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi apelec, thank you for the information. I'll post a reply when a correction is available. In the meantime, try these steps:

1. Exit VueMinder by using the File -> Exit menu command.

2. Download and run the utility linked below to completely reset the local data:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

3. Restart VueMinder.

4. Delete the pre-generated event, task, and note calendars. Your calendar list should be empty.

5. Open the Sharing Options and re-enter the host name, username, and password.

6. After VueMinder finishes syncing with the server, you should see exactly the same data that is on the server, and it should match what you see on other computers.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support