Is this possible?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Is this possible?

Postby Irena » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 pm

I want the description of an event to show up in the calendar view. So you know you have to mouse over to see the description? Is it possible to have the description just show up by itself in the day box in calendar view?
Irena

Re: Is this possible?

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Irena. I believe you're referring to the Month view. Descriptions won't display because the space is limited, and a long description could prevent other events in the same day from appearing. However, if you click the "Day" or "Week" toolbar buttons, you'll see the descriptions of non all-day events are word-wrapped within the event blocks. The description might still be clipped if there's not enough room in the event block to appear. If that happens, you can adjust the time-slot length via the drop-down menu on the Day or Week buttons. Pick a smaller time-slot length to make the event blocks larger, so they can fit more text.

Also, there is a "Details" area of the window, which will show an event's description when an event is clicked. If you're using the Pro version, the main window will also display an optional "Event List" area, similar to Excel. There's a column for event descriptions.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions/suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Is this possible?

Postby Irena » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks for the response! That helps a lot.
Irena

Return to Technical Support