Entire calendar turned into "Recovered Events".

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Entire calendar turned into "Recovered Events".

Postby techie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:33 am

Hello.

I am using Vueminder 11.1.1. I had synched it to my google calendar account which had 3 calendars...my own calendar (let's call it "Cal-A"), one added by Google as "Birthdays" and the third, a Google's own version of "Holidays" calendar. I had set Vueminder to sync to all of them and it was working by and large fine.

Recently, I created a new calendar (let's call it "Cal-B") in the Google Calendar account and moved many events from my primary calendar ("Cal-A") to this new calendar ("Cal-B"). This migration from Cal-A to Cal-B happened smoothly in my Google Calendar account.

I then also linked this "Cal-B" to my local Veuminder. At first, all events were rendered correctly. But next day, Vueminder started showing all those events which I had migrated to "Cal-B"in a "Recovered Events" calendar; in "Cal-B", on the other hand, Vueminder showed 0 events.

In my Google Calendar account, however, all calendars are being rendered correctly...as I had them setup immediately after the migration of those events from Cal-A to Cal-B.

I thought there may be some issue with Vueminder then. So I removed all calendars from Vueminder using the "Delete Calendar" option and re-linked all of them to Vueminder. At first, again all of them looked fine and so, I minimized the Veuminder application to system tray. After a while, when I opened the application again, all Cal-B events again started to be shown in a "Recovered Events" calendar while Cal-B showed 0 events.

I re-checked Cal-B in Google Calendar and can confirm that even now, everything is fine...as I had set it up after the reshuffling of events to Cal-B. However, the local Vueminder isn't "behaving" as expected.

Isn't there a way to "reset" Vueminder as one can reset Google Chrome browser? What can I do to correct this issue?
techie

Re: Entire calendar turned into "Recovered Events".

Postby VueSoft » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi techie, welcome to the forums. You're using a version of VueMinder that was released over 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure you won't see this problem when using the latest version (2016.10). There have been many corrections and improvements related to syncing with Google Calendar. To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.

In case you're curious (or you like to read), the page linked below lists all the changes that have been made since version 11.1.1.
http://www.vueminder.com/Version-History-Pro.aspx
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby techie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:46 pm

@Vueminder
I have updated my Vueminder. So far so good. I'll observe Vueminder's behaviour over the course of this week and update this thread accordingly.

Thank you.
techie

Postby techie » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:00 am

@Vueminder
I can't seem to figure one thing... how to make all these events which the updated Vueminder has freshly 'fetched' from my Google Calendar account show desktop alerts instead of popup reminders.

I mean I have configured the event defaults in Calendar Properties to "Show desktop alert" instead of "Show a popup reminder " for all my calendars. But it seems that this setting seems to apply only to new events I would create hereafter... Isn't there some way to make "mass changes" so that all my existing events show desktop alerts instead of popup reminders?
techie

Postby VueSoft » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi techie, the Event Defaults will only apply to new events, not previously created events. You can work around this limitation by following these steps:
1. Open the Calendar Properties of your synced calendar.
2. At the bottom of the Calendar Properties window, check the box labeled "Use these defaults for new calendars".
3. Click OK.
4. Right-click the calendar's name and select "Delete Calendar" from the popup menu.
5. Click the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" menu command.
6. Select your calendar in the list.
7. Check the box labeled "Apply event defaults to new events synced from Google Calendar".
8. Click the "Add Calendar" button. When the calendar downloads, your upcoming events should have desktop alerts.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby techie » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:45 am

Thanks! Vueminder is now working fine. Thank you.

Please close this thread.
techie

Return to Technical Support