Calendar Syncing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Calendar Syncing

Postby Steve251 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:08 am

I bought VM Pro to solve a Calendar problem
I currently have the following devices:
Windows 10 desktop, Windows phone, iPad
I want to sync my calendar events across all devices both ways

Up to now I have been using Sunrise but that is being discontinued and so switched to Google (as a front end. I know Sunrise is a front end for Google)

My Windows 10 desktop has two calendars - VM Pro and Outlook
My ipad has 3 - Google Calendar App, Apple built in calendar and I have even loaded Informant but have not really bothered with that

My problem is that my devices just don't sync

If I enter an event in VM Pro it syncs with Outlook and with the Google App on my ipad but not with Google Calendar which is web based
If I enter an event in Outlook it does not sync with VM Pro
if I enter an event in the Google App it does not sync anywhere

I have checked to ensure that the Gmail account is the same on all devices. It is

At the end of the day I just want a way of ensuring that all my events are synced across all deviices

Does anyone have suggestions?
Is there a better program out there than VM Pro.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Steve251

Re: Calendar Syncing

Postby VueSoft » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi Steve, welcome to the forums. My suggestion would be to remove Outlook from the equation and do all your syncing through the same Google Calendar. Keep it simple.

VueMinder on PC <---> Google Calendar (Web) <---> Google Calendar App (iOS)

Please try this...

1. In VueMinder, right-click each calendar and select "Delete Calendar".

2. On your iPad, open the Google Calendar app and make a note of which calendar(s) in your Google account you are syncing. Also make sure you're syncing with the same Google account that you are looking at in your web browser. You might need to connect the Google Calendar app to the correct account.

3. In VueMinder, use the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" menu command to add the SAME calendar(s) that are synced in the Google Calendar app on your iPad.

4. After adding the calendar, any changes you make in VueMinder will automatically appear on your iPad (within 1 minute), and vice versa.

Also, please make sure you're running the latest version of VueMinder (currently 2016.10). You can update by clicking the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.

I apologize for the problems you've encountered getting your calendars to sync. This is usually something that is easy to configure, so I'm not sure where it went wrong.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Calendar Syncing

Postby Steve251 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:09 am

Hi Dan

Sorry I have only just seen your reply. I don't think I got an alert that you had replied

Maybe you are right. Just no so simple because my Windows phone is heavily laden with Outlook etc

I will try just the Google option and see how it goes

It all worked before but seems to have gone astray since the last update or two. Not even sure when.

Steve
Steve251

Return to Technical Support