Publish Calendar to a cPanel Account

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Publish Calendar to a cPanel Account

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Hello,

I just came across VueMinder while looking for a desktop calendar program and so far I have been very impressed. There is one feature though that I am trying to figure out but not having much luck.

I downloaded the 30 day trial of Calendar Pro and have created a new calendar that I would like to publish on to my web server. Unfortunately no matter what settings I setup, I am unable to publish the file. Either I get 409 Conflict, Unauthorized or 403 Forbidden.

My web server is running latest versions of Linux CentOS and cPanel/WHM. I have tried (through cPanel) chmod the folder I wish to use to 777, I have tried setting up password protection with login name and password for the folder I created, I have even tried the WebDisk feature but none of them will work.

Has anyone at all been able to get this thing to work with a hosting account that uses cPanel?

Is there special modifications I need to make to the server itself? ie. manually edit a .conf or .ini file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Andy

Re: Publish Calendar to a cPanel Account

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:05 am

Hi Andy, welcome to the forums and thank you for trying VueMinder Calendar Pro. I don't have experience with cPanel/WHM, but when VueMinder Calendar publishes to a web server it is using an HTTP "PUT" method. It's possible your server isn't configured to support this.

One easy alternative would be to use FTP instead of HTTP. For the publishing location, enter your FTP server (if you have one), along with your FTP login credentials. Also be sure to specify a destination path and file name (ending with .ics). You should have better luck with this approach. Or, if you know how to do it, you may be able to modify your server to support the HTTP "PUT" method, but I'm not sure how to do that with cPanel.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 am

I did try the ftp method but also resulted in an error. I'll see if I can find the setting so the PUT command will work.
Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:21 pm

After doing some research on turning on HTTP PUT method, many sites mentioned not to turn on that method but none when in to detail as to why so I went back and tried the ftp again. I managed to finally get the ftp working, not sure what I did different today from last night but it's working and I have gone and purchased the program.
Andy

Return to Technical Support