Events Calendar self-duplicates as well...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Events Calendar self-duplicates as well...

Postby Knucklebones » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:34 am

I've been getting self-duplication of some of my Events in the last week or so. I'm running VueMinder Pro v2016.08 on Windows 8.1. My calendar isn't shared and I don't sync with anything.

Event duplication only seems to happen to me when I 'dismiss' the Desktop Alert reminder for an established Recurring Event. It's once I dismiss the reminder that I'm left with a duplicated event.

Here's a typical example:
I dismiss the Desktop Alert reminder for a recurring event. About 30 seconds later, it pops up again and I dismiss it again. A minute after that, TWO identical reminders (both colour coded with the correct Category colour) spring up. When I dismiss one of these, both pop-ups disappear.

Sometimes - but unfortunately not invariably - another minute after that, a non-colour-coded (ie non-Categorised) version of the thrice-dismissed event reminder springs up, which also needs to be dismissed. If it's any help, I've experienced this extra reminder on an Annual recurring event, not on a Daily or Weekly event.

Haven't yet had a chance to check if the duplication happens at the point when I first dismiss the pop-up alert, but the above behaviour would seem to indicate this to be the case. If I try to delete only the duplicated event from my day's calendar ('Delete this occurence only'), the system deletes both instances. (Which makes me wonder if I've being seeing double and should take a bit more water with it!!)
Knucklebones

Re: Events Calendar self-duplicates as well...

Postby Knucklebones » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:02 am

In followup to my post of July 7, I can now confirm that it's at the point of Dismissing a recurring event that the duplication occurs.

Also, if I only 'Snooze' the original reminder, two of them pop up within 30 seconds. They both need to be individually Dismissed to get them to go away. They simply won't accept being Snoozed.

Any chance that the Tech Team could look into this please - or at least tell me how to roll back to an earlier version, since v2016.08 clearly has a few bugs? Thanks.
Knucklebones

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi Knucklebones, thank you for the feedback. I'll work on fixing this as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you'd like to return to the previous version (2016.07), you can use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won't remove any data) and then reinstall using the link below for either the Pro or Ultimate version.

VueMinder Pro 2016.07
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... 016.07.exe

VueMinder Ultimate 2016.07
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... 016.07.exe
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Knucklebones » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:12 am

Thanks very much, Dan - and good luck with that! (I had 8 reminders displayed across my desktop this morning to post a friend's birthday card - an Annual event, obviously - so I particularly appreciate the link to roll back to the earlier version.)
Knucklebones

Postby VueSoft » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:31 pm

The problem has been corrected in version 2016.09. To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support