All Events go missing after recent update

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Re: All Events go missing after recent update

Postby VueSoft » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the data. It appears you sync your task calendar with Google Tasks, and for whatever reason, VueMinder thinks your tasks were intentionally deleted from your Google Task list. This is why the tasks disappear after restoring, since VueMinder is syncing with Google, which is basically telling VueMinder the tasks were deleted on purpose and should be removed from VueMinder. I’m not sure how that happened, but you should be able to keep your tasks from disappearing by following these steps:
1. Disable your network connection.
2. Restore your VueMinder data. Your tasks shouldn’t disappear because VueMinder won’t be able to sync.
3. Open the Calendar Properties for your “Tasks” calendar by double-clicking its name.
4. On the Sync tab, select “Do not sync”.
5. Click OK.
6. Re-enable your network connection. If you want to continue syncing with Google Tasks, continue to the next step. Otherwise you can stop here.
7. Re-open the Calendar Properties.
8. Select “Sync with Google Tasks” on the sync tab.
9. Your tasks will upload to Google Tasks, probably as a new task list.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Techdoode » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:44 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Techdoode, if possible, could you send a copy of your backup file to support@vueminder.com, so I can determine why your tasks aren't appearing? Without the data, it will be very difficult to track down.

Did you receive the file?

Best regards,
Nick
Techdoode

Postby VueSoft » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:27 am

Hi Nick, yes I received the file. Please see my response above, posted on August 18. I also emailed this response to you a couple days ago. Did you not receive it, or did my response not make sense?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Techdoode » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:23 am

Sorry, Dan. Operator error. I didn't go to the second page of Forum replies.

I tried what you suggested this morning. I was able to recover tasks, but the issue has become irrelevant now. My newer tasks seem to be staying put.

It's strange that the entries in the Restore window show 123 tasks, but I can never recover that many no matter how old the backup file.

Even the newest backups show 124 tasks in the Restore window. Are they still in the data or is that count erroneous?

Anyway, thanks for your time and effort. I'll see if the problem ever recurs.
Techdoode

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Even the newest backups show 124 tasks in the Restore window. Are they still in the data or is that count erroneous?

As far as I'm aware, the count should be correct. It's possible your completed tasks are hidden (via the View menu), in other task calendars that are unchecked (in the Calendar Items list), or the date range you're looking at doesn't contain all the tasks that were previously defined.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Previous

Return to Technical Support