All Events go missing after recent update

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

All Events go missing after recent update

Postby ksee » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:05 am

Hi, after the recent update I'm now experiencing an alarming problem. When I select the 'Events' view I have NO column headers and NO Events or Tasks displayed. Worse, when I then select back to any of the other Event views, all of my Events & Tasks are missing! Thankfully when I close & reopen Vueminder my Events + Tasks are restored. But by using the 'Events' view, again everything is removed once again.

If you could please look into this.

My Vueminder is Ultimate 2016.08 running on Windows 10, fully patched.

Thanks

KC
Last edited by ksee on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksee

Re: All Events & Tasks go missing after recent update

Postby bsaett » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:51 am

Same problem,
Events view shows nothing.
Attachments
1111.jpg
1111.jpg (112.79 KiB) Viewed 5947 times
bsaett

Postby ksee » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:17 am

Sorry my original post was slightly wrong....you wouldn't expect to see 'Tasks' listed in the 'Events' view.

However, the original problem remains. Would anyone care to respond?

Many thanks
ksee

Postby ksee » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:54 am

UPDATE:

I've just fully uninstalled Vueminder, and reinstalled with a freshly downloaded copy. Out of the box, not using my own data, Vueminder works as it should. I can create Events, and view them in the Events view OK. I can also switch between views and find Events with the results are displayed in the 'Events' view.

BUT, when I restored my data from backup, the problem reappears.

I thought I'd found the solution when I looked in 'Column Chooser' in 'Events' view, and found ALL columns were unticked (not something I had done). I then ticked a couple of columns to display them and all events reappeared. But if certain Events are edited and I then switch to Month, Year or any other view, ALL events disappear again.

At this point I'd be inclined to say that something may have gone wrong with my data, BUT this only started happening after the most recent Vueminder update, where I know work was done on fixing certain issues with the 'Events' view.

I don't now have the time or energy to investigate this further myself, and so would appreciate some assistance in resolving this.
ksee

Postby bsaett » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:58 am

No uninstall, only thicked the colums in Columns choose and looks like it works now. Editing the entry doesn't change the Events view. Hope it holds
:)
bsaett

Re: All Events go missing after recent update

Postby ksee » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:15 am

I'm not sure what the exact story was here, but the problem now seems to be fixed.

I deleted a recurring event which I'd created just before the upgrade, and, with the necessary columns reselected in 'Events' view, Vueminder is working fine now. It looks like the issue with the 'rogue' recurring event was confused / compounded by the upgrade de-selecting all 'Events' view columns.
ksee

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:46 pm

In case anyone else sees this problem, the correction is to click the settings button in the upper-right corner and select "Column Chooser". Pick the columns you'd like to see in the list. You might need to do this for each list (events, tasks, notes, and contacts). A correction is in work for the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Techdoode » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:42 am

I am seeing a similar problem running version 2016.10.

I was on the road for a while and not using my calendar much, so I'm not sure at which point all my tasks disappeared. I just updated VueMinder any time the pop-up window told me there was an available update.

I am able to create a new task, which appears in the task list (Tasks tab selected). If I go to File -> Restore Data, the Restore window shows an Auto restore at 6:00 AM. The Description column says there are 111 tasks, so the data seems to be there somewhere. I tried a restoring from that backup, but to no avail.

If I hover over Tasks under My Tasks in the Calendars tab, it says I have 0 tasks with due dates.

Any suggestions how I track down this problem?
Techdoode

Postby VueSoft » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi Techdoode, if possible, could you send a copy of your backup file to support@vueminder.com, so I can determine why your tasks aren't appearing? Without the data, it will be very difficult to track down.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Techdoode » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:00 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Techdoode, if possible, could you send a copy of your backup file to support@vueminder.com, so I can determine why your tasks aren't appearing? Without the data, it will be very difficult to track down.

Done!

Best regards,

Nick
Techdoode

Next

Return to Technical Support