Tasks used as scheduler?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Tasks used as scheduler?

Postby Bob4K » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:54 am

Hi,

I am currently evaluating VueMinder, it looks like an exceptional product!

I wonder if it is possible to use the tasks feature as a scheduler.

I set up a task to be done each day at 6AM, and set up as a reminder the actual program I want to run every day at this hour.

The program does run, but the tasks remains red and set to the day it already ran until I manually click on it to mark it done.

Is there a way to have it set as done automatically when the external program is done running, or after it starts?
Bob4K

Re: Tasks used as scheduler?

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi Bob4K, welcome to the forums. Instead of using tasks, you could use events. Like tasks, events can be configured to run a program when they start. You can also configure an event to recur daily, so you'd only need to create it once. The daily recurrence pattern can be selected on the "Recurrence" tab of the Event Editor.

If you'd like events to be automatically marked as completed after their end time has passed, check the "Automatically complete past events" box in the Reminder Options (accessed from the Options menu).

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Tasks used as scheduler?

Postby Bob4K » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:57 am

Hi Dan, thanks for the quick reply.

That works, but it also clutters the calendar with a daily event that actually does not need to be shown.

With a task, it's possible not to show it in the calendar, but that does not seem to be possible with an event?

Edit: I found a way: create a new calendar, assign the event to it, and not display the calendar. Duh!
Bob4K

Return to Technical Support