Vueminder Duplicating Events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Vueminder Duplicating Events

Postby RLMmailroom » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:06 am

Hello,

I have Vueminder Ultimate running on 3 computers. All of our calendars are synced with MySQL, and one user is synced to their Google Calendar. All computers use Windows 7.

Vueminder has been duplicating events after I edit them. What happens is I will create an event, save it, open it up again to edit the information, and save and close the event. This ends up creating 2 events on my computer that are the exact same (they are duplicates of the events after I edit it.) On another computer, the events are duplicated, except one of the events is the original, un-edited event and the other duplicate is the event after the edits. The duplicates usually don't show up right away.

How can we prevent these duplicates from happening again? It's quite annoying to delete the duplicates manually and/or using the "delete duplicates" button available.

Thank you for your time.
RLMmailroom

Re: Vueminder Duplicating Events

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi RLMmailroom, welcome to the forums. I believe the problem might be due to the shared calendar also being configured to sync with Google Calendar. A syncing problem can occur when a new event is created and then modified before the new event has finished syncing with Google Calendar on another computer.

I apologize for the inconvenience and I'll let you know when a correction is available. In the meantime, you might be able to solve the problem by not syncing the shared calendar with Google Calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby RLMmailroom » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:29 am

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the answer! Do you think that if I waited a few minutes to edit the event so that it has time to sync with Google calendar that this problem would clear up?

Thank you for your time!
RLMmailroom

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi RLMmailroom, yes I think that would help, assuming my theory about what is causing the problem is correct. Please let me know if that's not the case.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support