Snooze (pop-up) and desktop alert issues

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Snooze (pop-up) and desktop alert issues

Postby Karen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:31 pm

If I snooze the pop-up reminder for 1 or 2 hours, it snoozes the reminder for 1 or 2 days. Snooze for 1 or 2 days also snoozes for 1 or 2 days. Just a glitch, I suppose. I found this out by clicking on the reminder menu at the top of the page where it lists what is happening with each event. Tested a few (but not all) of the duration times.

My desktop alert window is completely blue with white boxes in it. If I hover over where the snooze button should be, the word 'snooze' appears and I am able to click on it, but I have no idea what I am snoozing. Is this file corrupted? Uninstall/Reinstall?
Karen

Re: Snooze (pop-up) and desktop alert issues

Postby VueSoft » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm also seeing 1 or 2 hour snoozes being processed as 1 or 2 day snoozes. I'm not sure why I didn't catch this earlier when testing, but I'll have it fixed in the next release, which should be coming out within the next week or so. In the meantime, you can type in 60 minutes for the snooze length if you need to snooze a reminder for an hour.

As for the desktop alert problem, I'm not seeing that. It sounds like a video card driver may be out of date. The desktop alert window is semi-transparent, but some older video cards or drivers may have a problem drawing this correctly. Do you see the same thing when you use the opacity slider on the popup reminder window? Which video card are you using, and do you know if your driver is current? Also, which version of Windows are you using?

I'll need to investigate further, but currently my best guess is that updating your video card drivers to the latest version should solve it. If you still see the same behavior even after updating to the latest driver, I may need to add an option to draw this window normally instead of being fancy with translucency.

Please let me know if you're not sure how to check which video card you have, or where to go for the latest driver.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Snooze (pop-up) and desktop alert issues

Postby VueSoft » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:24 am

The problem with reminders that have been snoozed for a number of hours showing in the Reminders menu as being snoozed for days has been corrected in version 3.09.0201.

Also, I believe the problem with the desktop alert not correctly displaying has been corrected. This was a problem in one of the appearance themes included with VueMinder. It was not a problem when using the default appearance theme, which is why I wasn't seeing it happen. The appearance theme has been updated and should be all better now.

Please let me know if you find any other problems.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support