Is there any way to change "Registered to" name?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Is there any way to change "Registered to" name?

Postby don9172 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi! I was installing VueMinder Pro on a new computer today. I initially had some problems, and during this I noticed that VueMinder apparently automatically started a new calendar by the name of "donho" (which is my first name and the first two letters of my last name). Long story short, I had to uninstall and then reinstall VueMinder, and when I entered my lifetime registration number, the "Registered to" name came up as "donho". My registration with VueMinder is with my actual name, and that full name does appear as the "Registered to" name on my previous computer. I was able to successfully bring over my working calendar info, replicate all of my Options, etc. and it works just fine. But it bugs me that when I go to Help/About VueMinder Pro it shows my name as donho. Is there any way to change this? (Obviously not a critical issue...) Thanks!
don9172

Re: Is there any way to change "Registered to" name?

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi don9172, since the VueMinder license registration doesn't ask for your name, it uses the Windows account name instead. That's what you're seeing in the About window. Unfortunately, there's no mechanism to change this. However, it's nothing to worry about. As long as you're not sharing your license with other people (unless they are family members living in the same residence), you can install your license on any number of computers using any number of Windows account names.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Is there any way to change "Registered to" name?

Postby don9172 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks very much, Dan. I guess VueMinder truncates my Windows account name, since the account name is much longer. Don
don9172

Return to Technical Support