Sync problems

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Sync problems

Postby apelec » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:55 am

I noticed this morning that Sync is not working in this scenario:

User1 owns the calendar and is share with User2 and User3. All have the dB on a local storage. All are connected to a mySQL on a Linux server running 24/7

Yesterday User1 and User3 were OFF. User2 updated the calendar.
User2 shut down VM overnight.

This morning User2 and user3 switch on. User1 is still OFF

User3 has only partially updated, one task is not showing and tasks completed by User2 are not marked completed on User3. The reminder is popping up.

User2 show a completed task as overdue, like so

Completed task overdue.jpg
Completed task overdue.jpg (52.26 KiB) Viewed 2980 times

Now this is were it get interesting, when User1 starts VM User2 and User3 are updated correctly.

One cannot rely on calendar owner PC to be switched on and that is the purpose of mySQL. What's wrong with my setup?

Best wishes
apelec

Re: Sync problems

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi apelec, the calendar owner's PC shouldn't need to be turned on in order for the calendar to sync. There's nothing coded in VueMinder that requires this. Each computer talks directly to the MySQL database and doesn't care (or have any knowledge) of which other computers are powered on or off.

Completion status does NOT sync by default. Part of the behavior you're seeing might be due to inconsistencies between which computers are configured to share completion status and which computers aren't. Please open the Sharing Options on each computer and make sure the "Share event completion status" box is checked. The label says "event" but this option applies to tasks as well.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please let me know and I'll see if I can replicate the behavior on my network, so I can track down what is causing it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync problems

Postby apelec » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:32 am

I can confirm that all boxes are ticked in options/sharing. This morning User3 had past completed tasks details pane showing overdue.

After User1 (Cal owner) has done a manual sync in option/sharing , User3 is updated.

How often auto sync syncs?

Best wishes
apelec

Return to Technical Support