SMS Config

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

SMS Config

Postby apelec » Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 pm

I have an SMS server account and the SMS option test OK

A SMS using the contact card works fine, brilliant.

Do I need to fill in anything below?

SMS2.jpg
SMS2.jpg (13.58 KiB) Viewed 3476 times

what is for?

thanks for your help.
apelec

Re: SMS Config

Postby VueSoft » Sun May 22, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi apelec, do you have the SMS settings configured to send through your mobile carrier? If so, VueMinder will send SMS as an email, which gets converted into a SMS by your mobile carrier's email-to-SMS gateway.

If you would like to send SMS to other people, VueMinder will also need to know which mobile carrier they are using, so the email can be sent to their mobile carrier's email-to-SMS gateway to be converted to SMS. That's why the "Mobile carrier" and "Mobile send to" fields on the Contact Editor are required.

If you use a 3rd party SMS provider (the "advanced" option in the SMS settings), you might not need to specify the contact's mobile carrier, but it's possible you'll need to specify their "Mobile sent to" address, which is usually in the form of [phone number]@someprovider.com. If your SMS service works without entering values in these fields, then you can safely ignore the fields.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: SMS Config

Postby apelec » Mon May 23, 2016 3:13 am

Thank you for the details.

VueSoft wrote: If your SMS service works without entering values in these fields, then you can safely ignore the fields.

it would appear to be the case, I use emailtosms.net server and a send to my own phone get this confirmation

Your SMS message was successfully handed to the emailtosms.net service for delivery

Great feature thanks.
apelec

Return to Technical Support