Problem with Google calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Problem with Google calendar

Postby xixus » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:24 am

I add "11" Google calendar from one Googleaccount in Vueminder 6.0.1 pro (Win7 Prof 64bit). But in one of a calender from google doesn´t import many dates. A manual sync doesn´t help. I delete and make a new add, nothing its better. But some calendars will correct view.
What can i do?

I search for a logfile where i see the sync of dates....
xixus

Re: Problem with Google calendar

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:44 am

Hi xixus, could you send me the private address of the Google Calendar that is having the problem? This is the "ICAL" button's URL in the calendar details window in Google Calendar. Please don't post the URL to this forum, but send it to support@vuesoftsite.com. I'll see if I can replicate the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby xixus » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:55 am

Hi,

I still have the same problem. provate you said in a PM from an update.
When will an update?

Thank´s
xixus

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:13 pm

I don't have a firm release date yet, but it will be at least 6-8 weeks before the next release is completed and made available.

A correction for the problem you're seeing has been made, but there are many other improvements and corrections going into the next release, and it will take some time to properly test all the changes. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready. I can also send you a pre-release beta version, if you're interested.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby xixus » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 am

Hello,

okay i test it, please send me a beta version.
Thanks
xixus
xixus

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:13 am

I'll let you know when the beta is available. It could be 3-4 weeks, depending on how long it takes me to complete the improvements planned for the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby tone66 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 am

Hi!

When I run VueMinder I get this repeated message;

Unable to Connect Google Calendar
An error occured while attempting to connect to google calendar;
Please confirm your username and password are correct, if you are behind proxy settings from the options menu. (My google gmail and passwords are correct! I use last Vue minder beta Trial version)

Thanks again also for your last answer!
Regards Hinko
tone66

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi Hinko, do you have a firewall or virus scanner that may be preventing VueMinder Calendar from accessing the web? It's possible something is blocking communication, which might result in the type of error message you're receiving.

Another possibility is that VueMinder Calendar's access to your Google Calendar has been locked due to previous invalid login attempts. When this happens, you need to manually unlock your Google Calendar account. You can do this by clicking here.

After unlocking your account, go to the Calendar Properties window of the calendar you are attempting to sync with Google Calendar. It sounds like the problem may have been caused by an invalid password, so try re-entering your password. You may also need to restart VueMinder Calendar before it can successfully connect to Google Calendar using your corrected password.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you still have problems connecting.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby tone66 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:58 am

Hi!
My firewall and Nod32 antivirus is off, and it still the same error, in my Notebook with Win7 64bit with the same Nod32 and Microsoft fire wall its work witout problems!
I really change my password account, but i also resset it as you suggest.
Can you also send me an offer with account and registration key for last version of program for one usser but for two computers 1 PC and 1portable Nootebook, they are both periodicaly on the same LAN network.
the company details is; Arhing studio d.o.o.
Prvomajska ulica 94
5000 NOVA GORICA, SLOVENIA
Vat NUMBER; SI 39558673
eMAIL; arhing@siol.net

I hope we will resolved above error in my PC, before i install or update new version!

Thanks, for your help,

Regards, Hinko
tone66

Postby VueSoft » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 am

Hi Hinko, it sounds to me like there might still be an issue with the password VueMinder Calendar is trying to use when connecting to Google Calendar from your PC. If you're certain the password was entered correctly, there could be something else causing the problem.

Are you, by any chance, storing your data in a central location that is accessed by both computers? The Google Calendar password is saved using 256-bit encryption and a key unique to the computer where the password was entered. In other words, if you've changed the data location in the Program Options window to point to a central location, the password won't work on one of the computers because it won't decrypt to the correct value. The password will only work on the computer where the password was entered, for security reasons.

This is just my best guess, but if that describes what you might be seeing, you may need to change the data location so each computer has it's own local data. You can still share your data using the "Share Calendar to LAN" command, as described here.

I'm not sure what you meant about sending you a license key. If you've already purchased the program, please let me know the order number and I will re-send your license. If you haven't purchased yet, you can order from within the program by clicking the "Buy Now" button. You can also purchase using the order form.

If my guess above wasn't correct, please let me know. Any additional information you could provide would be helpful. It's very odd that it works on one computer but not the other!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support