Linked filename with spaces

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Linked filename with spaces

Postby apelec » Mon May 16, 2016 10:28 am

I am new to VM and evaluating Ultimate. A contact as a file link to an existing text file with spaces like \\server\someshares\name system log.txt. On click the default Apps (TextPad) opens and instead of loading the file it ask if I want to create three files:

\\server\someshare\Name.txt
...\desktop\system.txt
...\desktop\log.txt

How do I fix this please
apelec

Re: Linked filename with spaces

Postby VueSoft » Mon May 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi apelec, welcome to the forums. I've attempted to replicate the problem by linking files that are on a network path with spaces in both the directory and file names. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to replicate the problem so I don't yet know what is causing to happen.

Could you please send me screenshot of the Event Editor with the Files tab shown? Also, please click "View" and select "Details". Expand the "Path" column to make the full path visible. The screenshot can be sent to support@vueminder.com. Hopefully I'll see some clues in the screenshot, or additional information that will help me replicate the problem.

Also, where are you attempting to open the linked file? Are you double-clicking the file on the Files tab in the Event Editor, clicking the file link in the Details pane, or opening the link from somewhere else? Do you get the same error in all cases? What happens when you link a file with spaces in its name that exists on your local drive? Also, which version of Windows are you using?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Linked filename with spaces

Postby apelec » Tue May 17, 2016 4:05 am

screen shots sent as requested.
apelec

Return to Technical Support