VueMinder opens a web browser for Google

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

VueMinder opens a web browser for Google

Postby User » Mon May 09, 2016 3:50 am

Since a few weeks after an update VueMinder opens a web browser after every start and forces me to log in to Google.

But I don't want that VueMinder opens a web browser and I don't want to log in to a Google account. How can I disable that?

I'm using Ultimate with Google Calendar sync.
User

Re: VueMinder opens a web browser for Google

Postby VueSoft » Mon May 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi User, VueMinder can't sync with Google unless permission is granted. When the webpage appears, log into your account. A page should then appear asking if you'd like to allow VueMinder to access your Google Calendar data. Click the Allow button. After granting permission, you shouldn't be asked again, unless you are using a different computer where permission hasn't been granted yet, or you clear the app permission in your Google account settings.

If you didn't intend to configure VueMinder to sync with Google Calendar, open the Calendar Properties of the calendars you previously configured to sync, and check the "Do not sync" box on the Sync tab. Also, open the "Google Contact Sync" window via the Share menu and make sure the box for syncing with Google Contacts is unchecked. VueMinder will no longer ask for permission to sync.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support