Syncing VueMinder calendar to my Samsung S4 mini

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Syncing VueMinder calendar to my Samsung S4 mini

Postby bob.bassett » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:15 pm

I am unable to get instructions on syncing my VueMinder Calendar to my Samsung S4 Mini cellphone. Samsung was no help and suggested the VueMinder support staff could help. At this point there is no use to have VueMinder Calendar if I cannot sync to my phone.
bob.bassett

Re: Syncing VueMinder calendar to my Samsung S4 mini

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi Bob, welcome to the forums. The Lite (free) version of VueMinder is unable to sync 2-way with phones. However, this feature is provided in the Pro and Ultimate versions by syncing with Google Calendar. There’s a Google Calendar app for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.

To configure an existing calendar in VueMinder Pro or Ultimate to sync with Google Calendar, open the Calendar Properties by double-clicking the calendar’s name. Click the “Sync” tab and then check the box labeled “Sync with Google Calendar”. Make sure the sync direction is set to “2-way” and then click OK. Your calendar will upload to your Google account. Depending on the size of your calendar, this might take a minute or two. See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... lecalendar

After the calendar has finished syncing, it will be available for viewing in the Google Calendar app on your phone. You might need to access the app settings and check the box next to the calendar’s name before its events will become visible. Any subsequent changes you make to the synced calendar in VueMinder will automatically appear on your phone (within about 30 seconds), and vice versa.

If you already have a calendar defined in Google Calendar, you can configure that calendar to sync with VueMinder by using the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" menu command.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support