Unable to Sync: un-representable DateTime

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Unable to Sync: un-representable DateTime

Postby freet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi after enabling microsoft framework 3.5 and 4.6 and completing windows 10 updates, I added my google calendars, by clicking file>add calendar>Add Google Calendar. Then I authorized it through logging in on gmail in chrome and the calenders were added in VueMinder.

However the actual events won't show in vueminder because it cannot sync with gmail. It gives the following error in the bottom right:

"Unable to sync: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime"

*For each calendar, I alread tried deleting third-party synced calendar for I figured it might have a glitched event with end before start or anything like that but that does not appear to be it. (Since it used to work before, and the calendars have not changed.)
*Also I tried manually ex-and importing the calenders but the sync still gave the same error.
*Then I tried changing the date time format on my win10 laptop to hh:mm MM:dd:yy

Non of the above helped, would anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve the issue?

*I shall uninstall and re install in the meantime to see if, turning it on- and off again did the trick :roll:
freet

Re: Unable to Sync: un-representable DateTime

Postby VueSoft » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi freet, based on the error message, it sounds like there’s an event in your calendar which somehow has an invalid date.

If possible, could you temporarily share your Google calendar with my account, so I can debug the problem and update VueMinder to handle the error? To share your calendar, follow these steps:

1. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the drop-down arrow to the right of your calendar’s name.
2. Select “Share this calendar” from the drop-down.
3. Enter the email address (support@vueminder.com) under “Share with specific people”. Make sure the Permission Settings are set to “See all event details”.
4. Click the Save button. Google will send me a notification letting me know the calendar has been shared. I’ll work on fixing the problem as soon as possible.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby freet » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:38 am

Dear Dan,

First of all I respect the lengths you will go to for customer service, I'll remember that in my future decisions on calendar software.

I think the import will work perfectly for you, meaning you won't get the error message, for 2 reasons:
-I think google has an algorithm that prevents unrepresentable DateTimes.
-This calender has already been synced with my vueminder, (and android apps) before without this error message.

I think the error is in an inconsistency of me from point of installation of the frameworks till authorization of access to gmail calendars for vueminder in chrome. I would like to repeat that process of authorization by gmail. But I can't find the option to remove my gmail in Vueminder.

*I already manually deleted the calendars, and un-installed-, rebooted and re-installed vueminder but still when clicking: File>Add google calendar
I get to chose from the sub calendars of my gmail account.

I am currently removing the gmail account and swapping it for another, and back, to see if going through the sync authorization with a different browser resolves the issue.

Kid regards.
freet

Postby VueSoft » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi freet, thanks for the information. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem, but I've updated the next release to include some additional date validation when syncing. I believe the problem you're seeing will be fixed in the next release. I'll post a reply when it's ready to download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby freet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:39 am

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your effort. The problem in the end was with the browsers;
Consecutively internet explorer, chrome & firefox did not actively close the browser tab after saying "code has been received, closing..."
And I had to manually close that site (after waiting for at least 20 minutes each).

In the final attempt, I went with edge, and there, after selecting "add google subscription.. and I authorized it, and it actually closed it's tab automatically.
Then vueminder stalled/became unresponsive immediatly after (while saying it was syncing).

Forcefully shut it down. restarted VueMinder without reboot, and then *pooff* the appointments appeared and the system was synced happily ever after. :)
freet

Postby freet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:17 am

Except that I noticed that it placed the pm appointments in am, and for appointments that stretched from am to pm, it basically took either a starting point or ending point and added the duration in front or after it where possible, I can't find the exact pattern in the irregularities. Now I can't reproduce the sync anymore because it won't sync at all anymore even though I authorize through edge. :?

I tried switching the google time notation to am and pm, and adjusted my windows time settings to different notations and marked automatic timezone selection, but nothing changed.
Last edited by freet on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
freet

Postby freet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:35 am

-SOLVED-

My windows time was wrong. Sorry :oops: :roll:

Even though I tried different settings which yielded the right time, apparently it was still wrong due to not taking the daylight savings into account. After getting the right time with daylight savings accounted for, everything was fine again, and it even automatically synced flawlessly. :mrgreen:
freet

Return to Technical Support