MySQL Database Install problems!

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

MySQL Database Install problems!

Postby CB-Crew » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Hello,

I try to install and connect the MySQL database, but with no success. Installation runs fine, I can start the Workbench, I see the database but when I try to connect to the database I have to enter a password, that I do not know. It seems to come from an old installation, where we have no more records about the PW used. What could I do? I do not need the data in the old database, is there a way to reset it?

best regards
Andreas
CB-Crew

Re: MySQL Database Install problems!

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi Andreas, welcome to the forums. A password should have been specified when MySQL Server was installed (see step 2-15 in the instructions). If you don't know the password (and you're not using MySQL Server for anything else), you could use the Control Panel to uninstall MySQL Server and then reinstall.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby CB-Crew » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:07 pm

I already once uninstalled MySQL, but the database (or database connection) still exists. Where could these data files be? So I can also delete them?
CB-Crew

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Sometimes uninstalling MySQL Server won't remove the data. You can do this manually by deleting the folder "C:\ProgramData\MySQL". Note, that folder is hidden so you won't see it in Windows Explorer unless you've enabled the option to see hidden folders.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support