VueMinder Lite Unistalls

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

VueMinder Lite Unistalls

Postby hopemitchell » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:35 am

Frequently my Lite version uninstalls and I miss important reminders before I realize what has happened. Of course, I can reinstall, but I am dependent on the usually reliable reminder system.

Any suggestions on preventing this short of disciplining myself each day to make sure the VM icon is viewable?
hopemitchell

Re: VueMinder Lite Unistalls

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi hopemitchell, welcome to the forums. VueMinder should not spontaneously uninstall itself. I’ve never seen that happen before. If you have User Access Control (UAC) enabled in Windows, you should see a prompt before any program is uninstalled.

When VueMinder “disappears”, is there still an entry in the “Uninstall a program” area of the Control Panel for VueMinder? If so, VueMinder is probably still installed, but isn’t running for some reason. I’m not sure what would cause that behavior – maybe an installation issue or something else related to your computer.

If VueMinder is actually uninstalled, without a UAC prompt ever appearing, then you might have a virus or your antivirus software might be uninstalling VueMinder without your permission. Try adding an exception for VueMinder to your antivirus program, and make sure you run a full scan of your system in case you have a virus that is causing the problem.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support