sync with multiple google accounts

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

sync with multiple google accounts

Postby jwbruns » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:57 am

How can I work around so that I can enter calendar events on one of three devices and have it show up on all devices?
I need to be able to add events from my phone, my wife from her phone, and at home through the pc, and have them all show up automatically.
Is this possible?
using VM pro on the pc, google calendar on the androids
jwbruns

Re: sync with multiple google accounts

Postby VueSoft » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:46 am

Hi jwbruns, welcome to the forums. If you've configured VueMinder on your PC to sync with the same Google account you're using on your phone, then you should already see events created in VueMinder automatically appear on your phone, and vice versa. Please make sure VueMinder has been configured to sync 2-way with the same calendar you're using on your phone. To add an existing Google calendar to VueMinder, use the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" menu command.

I assume your wife has her own Google account. If that's the case, she can configure her calendar to be shared with your account, so you can sync with her calendar in VueMinder. This can be done via the Google Calendar webpage. Have your wife click the drop-down arrow next to her calendar's name and select "Share this calendar". Enter your Google account name and set the permissions so you can see events and make changes. After configuring your wife's calendar to be shared with your account, you should see it listed in VueMinder in the "Add Google Calendar" window. It should also become available for syncing on your phone.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby jwbruns » Thu May 12, 2016 6:07 am

so Her account can't directly sync with vueminder? it has to sync with my account which then syncs with her account?
jwbruns

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 12, 2016 7:43 pm

VueMinder can only sync with one Google account. However, if you configure your wife's calendar to be shared with your Google account as explained above, VueMinder will be able to sync with both your calendar and your wife's calendar. Functionally, it will work as if VueMinder is syncing with multiple accounts.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support