Google and Outlook Sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Google and Outlook Sync

Postby brenjg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:56 pm

I am using 6.0.1 Pro and I cannot sync with either one. I hit the sync button ... it says its sync'd but nothing is showing. Am I doing anything wrong. By the way.....GREAT product :D
brenjg

Re: Google and Outlook Sync

Postby brenjg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:06 pm

It won't import/export anything either. :cry:
brenjg

Postby VueSoft » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi brenjg. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, and might need more information to determine what is happening. It sounds like you've correctly configured your calendar properties to be synced with Outlook and Google Calendar, but something is blocking the sync from occurring.

Do you have an aggressive antivirus program or firewall installed? Perhaps it is blocking VueMinder Calendar from communicating with Outlook and from accessing the web and Google Calendar? What happens when you select the "Add Google Calendar" command from the File menu? Are your Google Calendars listed? Also, what happens when you attempt to import from Outlook using the Import command from the File menu? Do you see any type of error message, or indication that a connection to Outlook can't be established?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Darwin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Office 2007 and can confirm this behaviour on my system as well (as reported via error reporting feature in VueMinder). My post is more to address the query about using the Import command from the file menu. I cannot speak for brenjg's experience, but on my set-up, VueMinder 6.01 will neither sync with nor import from Outlook.

I'm running Sunbelt Software's VIPRE Antivirus and Antispyware and Windows Firewall with default settings. Everything is fully patched and up to date.
Darwin

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:34 am

The only thing I think of that would prevent Outlook sync from happening would be if you run Outlook as Administrator but VueMinder as a regular user, or vice versa. In that case, VueMinder will likely say a connection to Outlook can't be established.

Do you see any type of error message, or information in the import results area of the Import window? Can you provide more detail about what you see when it isn't working? For example, does the window seem to time-out, does it say it's importing but then no events appear, or do you see some other indication that it's not working?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Darwin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Dan,

Happy New Year! I run both VueMinder and Outlook with general permissions (ie not as admin). I don't get an error message when attempting to sync with Outlook, as brenjg notes, the synchronization seems to be successful, but nothing appears in my VueMinder calendar. I wind up with 0 events. Here's a shot of the text that appears when I hover the mouse cursor over my calendar in the "My Calendars" pane:

Calendar properties hover window.png
Calendar properties hover window.png (6.88 KiB) Viewed 6203 times

When I attempt an import I get this message (note, though, that on this attempt, 2 of my events DID get imported):

VueMinder Calendar 6.0.1 (Registered)

The 'EndDateTime' property cannot be set for an Appointment that is the RootAppointment of a recurrence.
Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinSchedule.v9.2
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.Appointment.set_EndDateTime(DateTime value)
at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.CalendarImportExport.CopyAppointment(Event evt, Appointment from, Appointment to)

The 'EndDateTime' property cannot be set for an Appointment that is the RootAppointment of a recurrence.

Array index out of bounds.

Darwin

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks for the information. This is exactly the type of detail I was looking for. A correction has been made for the next release. I'll let you know when it's available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Darwin » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 am

VueSoft wrote:Thanks for the information. This is exactly the type of detail I was looking for. A correction has been made for the next release. I'll let you know when it's available.

Cheers!
Darwin

Return to Technical Support