Priority list issue

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Priority list issue

Postby DL6024 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:40 pm

Vueminder help states the following...

Note, the "None" priority type is a special case, used for events or tasks that have no associated priority. It cannot be deleted, but it can be renamed or its appearance changed.
------------

In the window I reach from the menu Tools/ Priority Types I've edited the names of some of the priorities. How can I tell which is the 'None' priority if I've renamed them? If I scroll down the list with the up/down arrow keys, the delete button is functional for all of the priorities except one. Is it safe to assume that is the 'None' priority?

Before I was aware that the 'None' column was a special case, I must have renamed it. Today I decided I wanted to delete some of the priority types that I was not using. I deleted some and then tried to delete the one for which the delete button is grayed out. Since the delete button was grayed out, I right-clicked and saw that there was a Delete Priority Type option. I clicked it and the priority was in fact deleted. However, the priorities of all of my events became corrupt. I could no longer make the sidebar color work for priority type. I restored from a backup to recover from this but now I am unsure of what to do.

Can I be absolutely certain that the priority type which grays out the delete button is actually the 'None' type???

And if the delete button is grayed out to prevent one from deleting this priority, why is it still possible to delete by right-clicking such that Vueminder becomes corrupt?

And if 'None' is so critically important, why is the user even allowed to rename it?
DL6024

Re: Priority list issue

Postby VueSoft » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi DL6024, thank you for the feedback.

If I scroll down the list with the up/down arrow keys, the delete button is functional for all of the priorities except one. Is it safe to assume that is the 'None' priority?

The "None" priority type will be the only one with a disabled Delete button, regardless of what you previously renamed the priority.

And if the delete button is grayed out to prevent one from deleting this priority, why is it still possible to delete by right-clicking such that Vueminder becomes corrupt?

This is a bug. I'll fix it in the next release.

And if 'None' is so critically important, why is the user even allowed to rename it?

Because some users like to have complete control over everything and be able to rename the "None" priority however they like, such as "N/A".
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby DL6024 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:25 am

OK.

Thanks for the answers.
DL6024

Postby VueSoft » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Version 2016.05 corrects the right-click menu on the Priority Editor window to not allow the "none" priority type to be removed, since this is a required priority type. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support