What happened to the display speed of reminder popups?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

What happened to the display speed of reminder popups?

Postby BlueProteus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:10 pm

I've been using VueMinder for a while now, and rely on the pop-up reminders quite a bit.

About two upgrades ago, something strange started happening, and it now takes a loooong time for the pop-ups to correctly display.

They used to come up almost instantly. Now, the window pops up, but has trouble drawing the window contents.
I usually get a wait pointer while it tries to figure out what it's doing, and even a "Not responding" warning. It can take up to 10 seconds or more for the reminder to finally be correctly drawn so I can snooze or dismiss it. I've also noticed the same thing happening sometimes with the full main calendar view. I haven't had any crashes, but things are definitely more sluggish than they used to be.

Any idea why this is happening?
This is with Windows 10, VueMinder Pro 2016.02
BlueProteus

Re: What happened to the display speed of reminder popups?

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:07 am

Hi BlueProteus, I'm not sure why you're seeing slow performance displaying popup reminders. I haven't encountered this behavior on any of my Windows 10 test computers.

Do you still see the problem after rebooting? If so, it's possible something went wrong with the update installation. You can use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder. This won't remove any data. After uninstalling, use the link below to download and reinstall VueMinder Pro:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _Setup.exe

If that doesn't fix the problem, I'm making some other performance improvements for the next release which might help.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby toad6386 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi Dan and Blue -
Though I didn't experience the drawing issue that Blue reported, the links on the notifications often were not immediately active, causing the desktop notification app to appear on my task bar. Sometimes the links were delayed and worked after a short while. Other times it would cause the entire app to "not respond" and create further system lag. This began to occur sometimes around the end of the year, though worsened after the .03 update.

Dan's suggestion to un/re-install seems to have worked for me. The first two notifications came with the usual speed on the links that I've been accustomed to. If I relapse, I'll advise.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Win 10 Ver 1511
VueMinder Lite 2016.03
toad6386

Postby toad6386 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:47 pm

My issue of lag trying to "snooze" or even dismiss desktop reminders has returned. I already did a complete un-/re-install and the problem persists. I'm running the Lite edition 2016.07, and realize as "Lite" I still have a pretty good app so I'm not REALLY complaining. But as long as this bug goes on, I'll look to replace it... Thanks! :mrgreen:
toad6386

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi toad6386, some additional performance improvements are going into the next release which I think will fix the problem you're seeing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby toad6386 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks, Dan. I really appreciate the response. I look forward to the next update.
toad6386

Return to Technical Support