Problems since updating to Pro 6.0.1

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Problems since updating to Pro 6.0.1

Postby Boopsie200 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:11 pm

I updated to 6.0.1. on December 14. Today I realized a couple of pop-up reminders had been missed recently. To check whether future reminders were in place, I hovered the mouse over each event and found that no pop-up reminder was indicated in the tooltip. I opened each event, found that pop-up reminder was indeed checked, and clicked OK. After that the tooltip showed the pop-up reminder. I went through the entire next year and 'refreshed' all events by opening and clicking OK. I tried one by clicking Cancel instead of OK, but that didn't refresh it. Also, on 3 or 4 events that should have reminders showing today, the reminders did pop up after I opened each event and clicked OK.

A similar problem is occurring with the appearance of the calendar; I'm not sure when it started. Each time after closing and restarting Vueminder, the font on the calendar looks weird--kind of like it has a shadow. If I open Options/Appearance then click OK, the font returns to normal. I just now closed and then opened Vueminder and the same thing happened again. Fortunately, the tooltips ARE still showing that pop-up reminders are set -- that wasn't lost when the calendar was closed.
Boopsie200

Re: Problems since updating to Pro 6.0.1

Postby VueSoft » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the problem. I'm not sure what happened to cause the reminders to become deactivated after upgrading, and I haven't seen that myself. I'll do some more testing to see if I can replicate the problem. Do you recall which version you upgraded from?

As for the text drawing strangely, it's possible this is a graphics card issue. Are you using the latest drivers? I'll also improve the next version to allow an advanced option on how text is drawn (use GDI or GDI+). It's possible toggling this option will fix the problem you're seeing, especially if this is something you weren't seeing in previous versions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problems since updating to Pro 6.0.1

Postby Boopsie200 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:56 pm

I purchased Vueminder on July 1, 2009, and have been updating regularly each time you have a new version available -- so to answer your question, whatever was the last version before 6.0.1.

My computer is a few years old and HP hasn't offered an updated driver for the graphics controller (Intel warned against using a generic). At least I have figured out how to return the font to a normal look after restarts, so that's no big deal.

Thanks!
Boopsie200

Return to Technical Support