Advice on deleting holidays & public calander

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Advice on deleting holidays & public calander

Postby ipbr21054 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm

I installed the public calendar & holidays when i had an issue with the text dissapearing in version 5.5.0.
As the text problem has been fixed i have decided to now remove them as by installing them was the only way i could keep my events without dissapearing.

When i click on a holiday and select delete i am asked this occurrence or the series,i then select series but i assumed all would be deleted but only one has been deleted ? this is the same for public calander.
I did start to delete one by one but after 10 minutes i thought to myself this must be a bug or something ?????
Looking through my calander these recurring events go on and on and on.

Can you advise if it is a bug or what is needed to be done to remove all public calander & holiday entries.
I have installed the 30 day trial to see what it is like.
Looks very nice and many colours can be selected for your events which make them stand out more,stil thinking if santa wants to help me out or not ?
Either by means of a job or funds.
Last edited by ipbr21054 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ipbr21054

Re: Advice on deleting holidays & public calander

Postby ipbr21054 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:22 pm

Small update.

I have noticed that if i remove say boxing day it will remove all the boxing day events for years to come but i then need to do the same to xmas day of which it will also delete all the xmas day events this then continues with all the other events.
Surely as all the items were installed as a batch why do they not delete as a batch,i mean if there are say 40 different events you would be deleting each event one by one ?
Do you not select a holiday and chose delete and all holidays are deleted this also applies to the public calender as if it should it isnt.

I suppose nobody has ever deleted these before as you only installed them in the first place because you needed them so no reason to delete them ?
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 pm

You can delete an entire calendar by going to the Calendars tab, clicking the calendar you'd like to delete, and then pressing the Delete key or the Delete button on the toolbar. That will be faster than deleting each event or series. If you've added your own events to the calendar and don't want those events to also be deleted, you can reassign them to a different calendar by right clicking the event and selecting a different calendar from the "Assign to Calendar" submenu. You can also reassign multiple events at the same time.

As for the prompt asking if you want to delete the occurrence or entire series, the program isn't "smart" enough to know what you intend. It doesn't make any distinction between a holiday and any other recurring event, in terms of how deletion should be handled. I'm sure if I changed the program so it assumed you want to delete the entire series, people would complain because they only wanted a single occurrence to be removed and not the whole series. I find it's easier and safer to just ask the user what they intend when a recurring event is selected for deletion.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:14 am

Hi
I have managed to delete the public calendar ok but i cant see anything about the holidays i need to delete.
If i go to file,add public calendar & holiday then select holidays i can see an icon next to holidays.I then click english holidays and on the right hand side it reads ADDED.

I managed to delete the public calendar by doing the following edit,calendar properties,and select delete from there but the calendar i am trying to delete is not here,should it be ?
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:19 pm

All calendars should be listed in the "Calendars" tab of the Calendar Items window area. Are you not seeing your holiday calendar listed there? Maybe a restart of the program would help. This is not a problem I've ever seen before. If restarting the program doesn't cause the calendar to become listed, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:18 pm

I have removed the software and reinstalled now ok.
Not sure what happened but ok now.
ipbr21054

Return to Technical Support