Calendar startup position

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Calendar startup position

Postby q1w2e » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:29 am

Hi, VueSoft!

VueMinder Calendar Lite. Version 5.5.1

I have dual monitor system.
The first monitor (on left side) 1280*1024 pixels and the second (primary, on right side) 1680*1050 pixels.

I have drag my desktop calendar to the left (1-st) monitor and maximize it.
After restart computer desktop calendar position is lost and it placed between monitors - small left corner is placed on the left monitor and most part - on the right. Top of the calendar is shifted down.

I try to maximize desktop calendar window on the left monitor — nothing better.

I can suppose what point is next: logical coordinates of desktop calendar window after dragging is (Left: -1280; Top: 0; Width: 1280; Height: 1024). After reading this values from registry (or from another storage) application constrains this coordinates to their minimum values.

Thanks.
q1w2e

Re: Calendar startup position

Postby VueSoft » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the problem. I made an invalid assumption that logical screen coordinates should never be less than 0, but I wasn't thinking about the case of having a primary monitor set to be on the right, instead of the left which is what I use. I'll fix this in the next release, which is currently in beta and will be available within the next couple of days.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby q1w2e » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:21 am

Thanks, Dan.
q1w2e

Postby VueSoft » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 am

I just wanted to give an update on where I'm at on this. Version 6.0.0 has just been released. Unfortunately, it does not yet contain the correction to allow the desktop calendar location to have logical coordinates less than 0. However, some significant improvements are in work for the desktop calendar. A new options window will be added, allowing the desktop calendar position to be changed as well as controlling some other new features I'm currently working on (like allowing the color to be changed, among other things). The additional changes are so large, I didn't want to further delay finishing up 6.0.0.

I'll post a reply to this thread when these additional improvements are ready. Thanks again for letting me know about the problem, and please let me know if you have any ideas on what you'd like to see in the desktop calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby q1w2e » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 am

Hi Dan!

After the upgrade to version 6.0.1 (lite) desktop calendar window does not restore the saved position remains.
Now calendar does not appear between monitors, as before, but on the right (the primary monitor).

Left, top, width and height customized on the left monitor are not saved as in previous versions.
q1w2e

Postby VueSoft » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 pm

I made a minor change in 6.0.1 so the desktop calendar would restore it's previous size and location when viewed on a secondary monitor to the left of the primary monitor. Are you saying this isn't working, or did I misunderstand what you wrote?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby q1w2e » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 am

Hi Dan!

Sorry for the inconvenience. Everything works today as expected. I can not guess why yesterday I can not ensure that the calendar would remember its position.

Thanks again for the correction.
q1w2e

Postby Andy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm

I have yet to figure out how to get the desktop calendar to remember where I placed it and that I only want the Up Coming Events list to show. I place it on my second monitor to the left of my primary with only the events list showing then after reboot, the desktop calendar is back on primary display showing the calendar itself and the events list.

Gets annoying having to keep repositioning the thing after every reboot. I'm using the Pro version.
Andy

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Andy, I checked again and it appears there's an additional check in the code that is preventing the desktop calendar from being displayed with a negative x-coordinate. The intent of the code was to prevent the desktop calendar from trying to appear off the screen (i.e., it wouldn't be visible). I wasn't thinking about the case where a secondary monitor is used to the left of the primary monitor, which results in all the x-coordinates on the secondary monitor being negative. A correction was made in 6.0.1 which I thought would fix it, but since I don't have a dual-screen configuration I didn't test it as thoroughly as I might have.

Now that I found the additional location in the code that is causing the problem, it will be easy to fix. I'll also hook up a second monitor before I say it's fixed this time. ;)

In the meantime, the only workaround would be to make your left-most monitor the primary monitor. I'm not sure if that's feasible, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support