Bubble question over your event

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Bubble question over your event

Postby ipbr21054 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:07 am

Is there an option so the buble that appears when you hover over your event can be switched off.
I have had a look but cant see anything or is there a workaround for it.

Thanks
ipbr21054

Re: Bubble question over your event

Postby VueSoft » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:55 pm

There is currently no option to disable the event tooltip feature. However, I believe it would be fairly trivial to make this an option, so I'll add this to the next release. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm curious, is there something about the tooltip that you don't like? Does it pop up too soon, or take up too much space? You can make it smaller in the current version by unchecking the 'Show event descriptions in Calendar View tooltips' box, in the Calendar Options window. Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:07 pm

The reason i asked was i am using the details pane and its just telling me the same thing twice.
Using the details pane is more powerfull in what it displays as opposed to a bubble.
If you have the choice to view the details pane or not then why not have a choice to have the bubble option as well ?
It might be a little petty but if you are like me and use the details pane you would not want the bubble to also appear ?

Another thing i have noticed is that if i have chosen to delete an event you get a confirmation message pop up asking are you sure you wish to delete the selected event.
I can understand why it does this but should this not also be an option for the user to select if he/she wishes it to notify them.
Have the default set to pop up the confirmation message upon fist install then let the user customize there own setups from there ?

Like i say sounds petty but most users would like to make it more user friendly and have it run the way they are comfortable with and not having to be told twice i,e details pane & bubble also having selected delete only then to click on yes/ok again ? :idea:
Just a bit of feedback for you realy :D
This software is much better than any other thing i have used and only wish i could afford the pro version but being made rudundant does not allow me to :(
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:09 am

Thanks for the clarification. The difference between tooltips and the Details pane is that you can only see the event information in the Details pane after clicking the event to select it. The tooltip will appear for events that aren't selected, by hovering the mouse over the event. This could allow the user to compare the details of two events by having both the tooltip and Details pane displayed at the same time.

Regardless, I'll add an option to disable the tooltip feature, so it's up to the user to decide whether they want to see this feature. I'll also improve the message that asks if you really want to delete an event, to give an option of not asking anymore. Both of these should be in the next release. I'll reply to this thread when it's ready.

Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you think of any others.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 am

Here is another suggestion for you.
Once you have written your text for a new topic you can then tick the box to send you an email when somebody replies to your post,if you forget to put this tick in the box you will assume that nobody has replied as when checking your emails there is nothing then only finding out that there is 4 replies next time you login but you then notice that you forgot to tick the box.
How about putting an option in the settings so for each topic you write or reply to the system will send an email to you and by not selecting this option you would then need to do it manualy for each topic you write or reply to. ;)
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 am

Thank you for the suggestion. Actually, I think this is something the forum can already do. You should see a "Subscribe Topic" link toward the bottom of the window. If you click that link, you'll get email notifications whenever a reply is posted to the thread. You can also subscribe to an entire forum, rather than individual threads, by using the "Subscribe Forum" link within the forum of interest.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:47 am

Is there an option so the buble that appears when you hover over your event can be switched off.
I have had a look but cant see anything or is there a workaround for it.

Version 6.0.0 has been released. A new option is located in the Calendar Options window. To disable event tooltips, uncheck the new (and creatively named, if I do say so myself) checkbox labeled "Show tooltips in Calendar View when hovering the mouse over an item". Thank you for the suggestion.

Another thing i have noticed is that if i have chosen to delete an event you get a confirmation message pop up asking are you sure you wish to delete the selected event.
I can understand why it does this but should this not also be an option for the user to select if he/she wishes it to notify them.
Have the default set to pop up the confirmation message upon fist install then let the user customize there own setups from there ?

In version 6.0.0, when deleting a non-recurring event or task, a prompt will display by default, asking if you really want to delete the item. There's a checkbox to not show this prompt again, if you prefer to not be asked. You can also re-enable the prompt from the Calendar Options window.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:51 pm

I have now updated and this option works well for me.
ipbr21054

Return to Technical Support