All day event question

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

All day event question

Postby ipbr21054 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:38 am

I am using the lite version and would like to ask if there is an option so the all day event option is allways selected so i do not have to manually keep putting a tick in the box.

Please advise if this is possible.
Since a few hick ups when i first installed this software its been brilliant.

ian
ipbr21054

Re: All day event question

Postby VueSoft » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Hello Ian, welcome to the forums. The feature you describe, being able to define defaults for new events, is not provided in the Lite version. However, the Pro version can do this. Each calendar can be independently configured with its own set of event defaults, including default reminder settings. You can read more about this in the help documentation, under the "Event Defaults" section:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vueminder/help/calendarpropertieseditor.html

However, the Lite version does allow all-day events to be created without needing to check the "All day event" box in the Event Editor. From the File menu or calendar right-click menu, select the "New All Day Event" command. If this is a feature you use often, you can right-click the toolbar and select "Customize" to add the command to the toolbar or define a keyboard shortcut.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Perfect thanks very much
ipbr21054

Postby ipbr21054 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:40 am

I posted this question when i was using the lite version,i am on the trial version of pro but stil cant find the answer to my original question.
What i am trying to acheieve is as opposed to right clicking and selecting new all day event i want to just double click in the box so the new event box pops up but WITH the ALL DAY EVENT allready ticked.
I did read the link that was posted but cant see where i make the change.
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20 am

To make new events default to being all day, when created from the Month view, double-click your calendar in the calendar list to access the Calendar Properties window. Switch to the "Event Defaults" tab, and then select "All day" from the list of default event lengths.

Creating events in the Day and Week views is a bit different. If you double-click a time slot, the event times will default to match the time slot. All-day events are displayed at the top of the Day and Week views, so double-clicking that area will result in the event defaulting to being all-day.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you're unable to find the settings described above.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support